Search found 7 matches

by sonichedgehog
Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:07 am
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: AMI or AWARD? Contradictory information
Replies: 16
Views: 12074

Yes. I'm (for now) on corebios mailing list, their advice is I may have a hardware fault- this may be true, hence my kill or cure approach to this mainboard. However I can use uniflash to reload my factory bios from floppy, it operates as uniflash should with the cute "success" bleeps, so the proble...
by sonichedgehog
Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:35 pm

have built a corebios, exactly same size as ami original, but "write error verifying data" from uniflash (or something like that)... what am I doing wrong please?
by sonichedgehog
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 pm

Have not seen the other backup bios yet. Was that the 1.5? If so I'll email again. Tried 1.7 & 1.3, uniflash refuses to install them at the "verifying image" stage, but I can reinstall my backup 1.5 from floppy, no harm done. Thinking to try Corebios as they say some boards including MS6178 don't w...
by sonichedgehog
Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:59 pm

rapid, I've only used uniflash to copy my bios for archive but it seems that it may be a better utility than awdflash (from comments) so if i can't progress with module selection and I can get the later bios I'll try uniflash.
by sonichedgehog
Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Glad to help. BIOS emailed as requested (btw that website's gone but uniflash readily available elsewhere). Is this 1.5 the same as the 1.5 for the MS6183, in which case upgrade to 1.7 is possible? However... The problem has been hardware detection bug making the system unusable, in Linux Debian, Sl...
by sonichedgehog
Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:18 pm

AMI or AWARD? Contradictory information

Hi, first time here, and I've never flashed a BIOS before. After long adventures blaming everything from HDD to next door's cat I now know I have an out of date BIOS and possibly even the wrong BIOS. Trouble is... what have I got? This is a 9 yr old Tiny. Stamped on the mainboard is MS6178 ver 1.1. ...