Search found 6 matches

by stonecoldtx
Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:51 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Need to find a Phoenix BIOS editor
Replies: 9
Views: 40622

Well, I tried to open the BIOS file with the Phoenix Bios Editor I downloaded, but it was unsuccessful. It seemed to indicate that it was a completely different type of BIOS and errored out several times before it finally refused to continue. Borg Number One--I contributed to your BNOBTC fund . . . ...
by stonecoldtx
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:30 pm
Topic: EFI BIOS Reverse Engeneering
Replies: 12
Views: 20972

Well, apparently not all Intel boards are using this type of BIOS/Firmware on their implementations. I have one of the new Shuttle X100 machines, and it has an Intel 945GM board in it, which uses a Phoenix BIOS. EDIT: I may have misunderstood your post; if you were referring to Intel-built motherboa...
by stonecoldtx
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi, bofors-- Thanks for the link! I downloaded it and installed it, and it appears to be the trial version of 2.0.18E (at least, that's what it said in the "Help|About" dialog box). I will give this a try, and see if I can edit the file I have, though from what I have read, I'm not sure it will actu...
by stonecoldtx
Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:51 pm

Hi, edwin-- No, the BIOS I have on this machine cannot be opened or modified by any of the Award tools I've tried to use with it. In a Hex editor, I could see some of the information, but it was too incomprehensible for me to decipher. I finally figured out that it was "Phoenix" ONLY when I used "Wi...
by stonecoldtx
Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:22 am

Need to find a Phoenix BIOS editor

Hi, all-- I just purchased a new Shuttle X 100 for a CarPC project I'm working on, and the BIOS in it is excessively restrictive; there are very few entries that are actually shown, and even fewer where any actual changes can be made. I need a Phoenix BIOS editor to unlock some of the settings, and ...