Search found 9 matches

by studecember
Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:35 pm
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: onboard sound not in bios,not working
Replies: 20
Views: 12070

thanks for your response ,it would seem that 'rainbow' and other forum viewers are not as knowing as they think,due to the lack of responses and decent ideas. the pc was bought second hand so i don't know what happened in the past if this had occurred surely it would happen again on reflashing.award...
by studecember
Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:38 am

yes got checksum error ,if my response was no what would your answer have been
by studecember
Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:54 pm

thanks for those words of comfort ,perhaps an idea is to flash the original bios i have versions 101801 and 063000 there must be previous versions due to the age of the mb any ideas where i could get these,they are not listed on matsonic website
by studecember
Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:11 pm

yes onboard sound worked before,have tried reflashing with bin saved from 101801 flash ,option still not available

i can only assume that bios chip is faulty but would of thought that a bios error message would say so
by studecember
Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:30 pm

i flashed 101801.bin using award763 obtained from matsonic web site. there were no errors reported on flashing. using awdedit v1 i agree that the option is available in bin file. however bios setup still doesn't show the onboard sound/modem enable/disable i have even cleared the cmos using the jumpe...
by studecember
Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:25 am

my problem is that bios setup doesn't have the enable feature even though the manual shows it
by studecember
Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:27 pm

no jumpers onboard apart from usual ie clear cmos
by studecember
Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:55 pm

onboard sound not in bios,not working

matsonic 7117c mb running pentium 3 cpu ,bios has been flashed with latest available.onboard sound and gameport is not detected in bios setup,pci listing or in winme.option is shown in manual.was not available in previous bios. however sidewinder when plugged to gameport shows light although doesn't...