Search found 18 matches

by tomuf
Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:50 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: BIOS built-in Awdlfash -> UniFlash?
Replies: 9
Views: 7215

AWDFLASH

Or did you try to use UNIFLASH and did it work ? Maybe Award BIOS was updated so it does everything by itself...?
by tomuf
Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:48 pm

AWDFLASH

Better is looking at source code - I have disassembled awdflash only up to 6.28, so I don't know if it has changed in newer versions... For example AWDFLASH 6.28 has 9 functions that are executed if AWDFLASH is executed from BIOS. Data are accessed directly through INT13 interface and not using usua...
by tomuf
Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:32 am

AWDFLASH

AWDFLASH has special code that checks if it is loaded from DOS or from BIOS without OS, I think UNIFLASH doesn't have it. :-)
by tomuf
Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:20 am
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: add a bootrom code to Phoenix bios
Replies: 3
Views: 4845

bios

which motherboard do you have ?
by tomuf
Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:36 pm
Topic: What is the type of OEM bios logo *.bmp?
Replies: 12
Views: 10482

AWBM

Sorry for not answering you, I've been out for 3 days. The file you sent me is AWBM format, which can't be 'converted' to BMP just by editing it - you must use some utility. If there isn't any, I'll try to write one when I have time... But try looking for some utility that converts EPA logo ver 2. (...
by tomuf
Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:54 am

logo

can you send me that file ?
by tomuf
Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:11 pm
Topic: Additional bios routines
Replies: 2

maybe you could try hooking interrupts if it works; you can read CMOS map from BIOS, the best thing would be to find CKCMOS utility somewhere, which scans BIOS and finds conflicting CMOS addresses and free addresses; but there is usually only few bytes free in CMOS... and I don't know anyone who has...
by tomuf
Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:04 pm
Topic: MIB
Views: 3583

MIB

dakujem :-) what about ROS, NNOPROM, HPM or HPC ? do you know difference between ACPI and ACPITBL (except default file name) ?
by tomuf
Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:50 pm

AWBM

Maybe you can try to look if there isn't any program that converts AWBM to BMP. There is a description of AWBM format somewhere on the internet. Some people call it EPA version 2.0... There should be something like AWBMREAD which accepts only files with EPA extension, so maybe Rainbow was right that...
by tomuf
Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:11 am
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: "BIOS grabber" for CD-ROM's ?
Replies: 4

backup

It is possible to back up your firmware on most of drives, but you must write your own program to do it. Most of flashers verify if firmware was flashed successfully after flashing, so they read the firmware and compare it. But there are some drives that don't allow you to read their firmware and do...
by tomuf
Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:05 am
Topic: MIB
Views: 3583

MIB

Has anyone seen Award BIOS with MIB module (i think it is F9: Menu in BIOS) ?
by tomuf
Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:03 am

format

I think that 256 color logos are saved as normal BMP with 2 differences: first 2 bytes are 00,00 instead of 'BM' and order of lines / columns (one of them) is inverse... So edit the first 2 bytes with some hex editor and flip the image in Photoshop. 16 color logos are stored in different format (AWB...
by tomuf
Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:00 pm
Topic: VBU
Views: 3876

VBU

Award BIOS source (Video BIOS Updated?): VBU_SUPPORT 'Add [Ctrl-O] key to skip VBU process' VBU_Flag 'Add [Ctrl-F1] key to run VBU process' No_VBU_Prompt Add code fill VBU table checksum for VCHECKER.EXE VBU files load finish prepare to VBU authenticate Use VGA BIOS in VBU Block Reserve 64K ROM area...
by tomuf
Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:48 am
Topic: VBU
Views: 3876

VBU

Does anyone know what Intel VBU is?
by tomuf
Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:13 pm
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: BIOS utilities
Views: 5358

I know that only MB manufacturers and Award have officially these utilities. But I'm trying to write editor for my BIOS because it is slightly modified (Award & Asus) - they have special ACBROM and AMODBIN utilities - so I'm trying to get anything that would help me - including Award utilities...