Intel MOBOs w/ Socketed BIOS ?

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
oxbowarcher
New visitors - please read the rules.

I'm going to build a new PC. Many MOBOs I've bought in the past had a soldered BIOS chip. This time I want to select a MOBO with socketed BIOS so I can tinker with BIOS Savior. I already have the CPU for the PC I will build (a P4 2.8 - 478 pin) and I will probably be buying the MOBO on the internet - without possibility of doing a close visual check out. I would really like to use an Intel MOBO - probably a D875PE (875 chipset). Is there any way I can know beforehand if a board has a socketed or a soldered chip? I would make the MOBO selection based on the socketed vs soldered factor if there was a way to tell beforehand. Does anybody here know how I can find such info without having the MOBO in hand.

TIA Bill S.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Most manufacturer and review sites have close-up pictures of their mobos... It's not too difficult to find out whether it's socketed or soldered.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

The BIOS chips are often socketed on the photos even if they're soldered on most boards sold. The photos are always from the first board versions (or even testing versions).
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere