Sony vaio 8 GB HDD not recognized please HELP!!!

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
klmta
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have Sony vaio PCG-N505SN notebook. My notebook without cd and without fdd. So i remove HDD ant put it to my another notebook format
it, make partitions with fdisk and intall win me. Put it back to sony vaio
and saw that bios didn recognize my hdd.Primary IDE:NONE(it's set to auto). I have 8 GB HDD IBM travelstar.(When i start notebook hdd light is on and i hear how it spining, but not recognized by bios)
PLEASE GIVE ME sugestions !!!!

BIOS Date: 12/14/99
BIOS Type: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
BIOS ID: BIOS Version: R0208H0
Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

hdd set for master?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
klmta

edwin wrote:hdd set for master?
Yes its master. It worked well i took it for reinstlalling windowz and when i put it back it didnt recognized by bios.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

There must be something wrong with either the setting on the disk or with the cabling. Physically nothing else was changed on the laptop, was it?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

klmta

Physically nothing else was changed on the laptop.Can you explaim more about settings on the disk ? ( I formated,fat32 ...use patritioning fdisk...and instal win me...when put my hdd back and...bios cant find it....but disk works on another notebook and bios finds it.)

edwin wrote:There must be something wrong with either the setting on the disk or with the cabling. Physically nothing else was changed on the laptop, was it?
klmta

klmta wrote:Physically nothing else was changed on the laptop.Can you explaim more about settings on the disk ? ( IBM Travelstar 8 gb....I formated,fat32 ...use patritioning fdisk...and instal win me...when put my hdd back and...bios cant find it....but disk works on another notebook and bios finds it.)

Its pictures what i found on the web...how to reinstall my hdd...
i get Primary IDE adapter :NONE (in bios set auto)

http://friedlandreas.de/?topic=MyLinux&sub=laphd

edwin wrote:There must be something wrong with either the setting on the disk or with the cabling. Physically nothing else was changed on the laptop, was it?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If the bios does not find it now where it found the disk before there's something wrong with your cabling. The bios couldn't care less about what the partitioning on the disk is.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Yaye
BIOS Rookie

Try to format the HDD on another pc, then copy the whole cd of windows on the HDD in a folder.
After reconnect your HDD on your pc and start installation of windows directly from your HDD on your computer (you don't need the CD drive)

I did the same thing in past: I think the problem is that windows installation retreives informations and sets the operating system with the hardware that the installation recognizes. If you change the hardware (like changing the HDD from one pc to another with windows already installed), windows can't starts, because it doesn't recognize what it has found during installation.