Search found 8 matches

by tosh9i
Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:02 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Flashed Bios, now I can't boot
Replies: 11
Views: 6843

Thank you KachiWachi. I did what you said and stripped my computer down to the keyboard, video card, and floppy. And now my computer is working fine.

I feel so relieved.

Thanks again KachiWachi.
by tosh9i
Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:54 pm

I think that UPDFLASH was the program that I used to flash my bios. I was initially trying to flash the bios on the controller card (sil0680a). I opened it in Windows, it froze, so I closed it (end task), restarted my computer and it wouldn't boot. The last one on this page: http://www.siliconimage....
by tosh9i
Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:05 pm

Well, I tried waiting for 10 minutes yesterday with the AMI BIOS Recovery, but it still didn't work.

I'm not entirely sure if it was "uniflash" or "utilflash" or something else.

I'm going to try and strip it down tonight.
by tosh9i
Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:53 pm

Well, there's no residue. However, I just read that when you use the AMI BIOS Recovery, you should wait "4 minutes" is that true? When I use that program, it only takes about 45 seconds, then it seems to restart (but no boot). I can tell from the lights on the dvd drive (green lights). Plus, I have ...
by tosh9i
Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am

[quote="edwin"]could this be bad luck and http://www.badcaps.net bad capacitors?[/quote]

I doubt it, I don't recall seeing any of that "residue" on my motherboard, but I double check when I get home later today.
by tosh9i
Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:29 pm

[quote="edwin"]What did you use to flash it anyway? Any idea what went wrong? Wrong file, wrong flasher, power down during flash?[/quote] I'm now quite sure what I used. I'm pretty good with computers, but I'm not too experienced with flashing and bios. As far as I know, it was something like "utilf...
by tosh9i
Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Flashed Bios, now I can't boot

I have a MSI 865 PE Neo-2 series motherboard. I was having trouble with my controller card, and I somehow "stupidly" ended up flashing my bios. Now, I can't boot up my computer. This is the email I sent to MSI Customer Service, I'm awaiting a response from them: I accidentally flashed my bios. After...