Search found 20 matches

by trysting
Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:34 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Octek Rhino 12+ BIOS needed.
Replies: 8
Views: 5540

It seems the board I have is a Rev. 2.1.

I've tried to flash back the old BIOS but UniFlash and awdflash come up with an error about the size not matching. Is there any way around this so that I can go back to the older BIOS?

Thanks again.
by trysting
Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:48 am

G'day everyone, thanks alot for all the help in finding this BIOS, it's been much appreciated. I ended up having to use UniFlash to flash it as the flash program included with the BIOS came up with unknown flash type (Uniflash identified it and had no problems flashing it). For the extras that Urani...
by trysting
Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:57 am

Octek Rhino 12+ BIOS needed.

G'day everyone, I've been looking around on the net to try and find the latest BIOS for this motherboard and can't seem to find it. I've tried visiting the manufacturer's website but it seems to be down and I've been looking around the net as well but to no avail. If anyone could help out it would b...
by trysting
Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:59 pm
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: 40 GB : DFI P5BTX/L Rev. B
Replies: 6
Views: 3871

Well I won't be able to let you know how this BIOS goes as I haven't gotten the go ahead to flash it unfortunately. When I get a spare computer up and running (as a backup for my mate just in case something goes wrong) I should be then able to do the flash and let you all know how it went. Thanks fo...
by trysting
Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:26 pm

Thanks again NickS the link worked fine this time.

I'll let you know how it went in a day or so.

One other question, do I need to use that uniflasher for this or can I use the awardflash that came with the original BIOS?
by trysting
Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:01 pm

Thanks for the reply NickS, Each time I click on the link for the untested version it comes up saying I'm not authorized to view the page. As to the other link I read that before posting this topic although I didn't see a link for the patched BIOS so hopefully if Rainbow still has it he wouldn't min...
by trysting
Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:15 am

40 GB : DFI P5BTX/L Rev. B

G'day, I was helping a mate with his computer and was going to add a 40 gig Quantum Fireball Plus AS HDD (split to two partitions), but it wouldnt show up in the BIOS. I went to DFI for an updated BIOS (the latest dated as 1998/07/03) but it didnt help at all, so I was wondering if any of the BIOS g...
by trysting
Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:28 am
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: USB not working...
Replies: 5
Views: 4127

Have you got the latest VIA 4in1 drivers installed? Might be an option to consider. Here is the link for the 4in1's. http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
by trysting
Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:14 am
Topic: BIOS Update for DFI G586VPM
Views: 3259

Go to the DFI website http://www.dfi.com and download the corect BIOS.

It seems the latest BIOS for that board is dated 1996/03/15.
by trysting
Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:10 pm
Topic: Whats the latest BIOS for this board?
Views: 4403

Hi Rainbow thanks for the reply. I have been doing some more searching for this board and have come across a couple websites with some clues. It appears there were a few revisions for this board according to one site ( http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/engl...
by trysting
Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:05 am
Topic: Whats the latest BIOS for this board?
Views: 4403

Whats the latest BIOS for this board?

This is the BIOS string for this motherboard i430TX-2A59IL1CC-00. I have had a look in the Award BIOS ID's section and came across this 2A59IL1CC-00: Flamingo(??) MB-FLM-TX01 or Lucky Star 5I-TX1 and as the actual motherboard has 5I-TX1 printed on it i gather it is the Lucky-Star. The board is a Rev...
by trysting
Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:20 am
Topic: Flashed BIOS and this error message comes up.
Replies: 9
Views: 5850

Well I've had a bit of time between jobs at work to have a fiddle with this computer again and it turns out that the stability problems and errors have been caused by faulty RAM (the stick that was installed by the computer shop). The latest BIOS version (A04) seems to be working fine after that ini...
by trysting
Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:26 am

Well it seems that message was from a feature on the motherboard called Recovery Genius. As BIOS revision A04 completely removes it from BIOS the program is still actually on the HDD. A problem happened and a new message box came up and that seemed to have uninstalled Recovery Genius then upon reboo...
by trysting
Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:27 pm

OK I am now back at work and am able to work on this computer again, I reflashed the BIOS to the A04 release then put a bootable floppy in and the system started up, but if I start the computer without it it comes up with that error message. I am going to try and reformat the HDD and install windows...
by trysting
Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:51 am

Sorry I guess I should have listed a bit more info for this. The setup of the system is basically the Jetway 867AS-H M/B, MSI GeForce 2 MX/MX 400, 2x 128 MB RAM (Memtek brand I think), CD-ROM, Western Digital 20 GB HDD, AMD Duron 1200 running Windows 98 SE. The reason for flashing the BIOS was that ...