Search found 13 matches

by Valerio
Wed May 28, 2003 7:14 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Decompiling
Replies: 5
Views: 3557

Decompiling

Well, maybe this post should be posted to Guru's forum but it is actually a newbie question so here it comes:

Is there any FREE software to decompile a bios file?

I've seen that 'Sourcer' by V Comm but there is not even an evaluation version to play with.... :O(

Thanks in advance,
Valerio
by Valerio
Wed May 28, 2003 7:06 pm
Topic: looking for Tekran bios file
Replies: 6
Views: 3953

I tried that but....

Thanks for the link but I have yet a fresh W29C020 (2Mb) chip and have the 2Mb bios file too. I burnt it and.... unfortunately, it didn't work. I was told this mobo could be a limited serie based on 1Mb chip and I guess it will never understand this 2Mb update file as offered to donwload at Tekram s...
by Valerio
Wed May 28, 2003 8:12 am

With many doubts indeed

Ha ha ha.... Well, they are honest enough to warn people about its own products...

The chip is a WinBond W29C011A-15
(http://www.winbond.com/e-winbondhtm/par ... ?Pname=760).

It seem to be quite similar to W29C020 which has 2Mb.

Valerio
by Valerio
Tue May 27, 2003 8:33 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Not enough RAM to flash....
Replies: 1
Views: 3040

Hey, I don't work at DataMan!

To whom it could interest: flashing with S4 programmer in several steps is fairly easy. You just have to indicate the appropriate offset for each 128Kb chunk you want to write. Yo have to set the offset directly in the programmer. Due to unknown reasons this feature doesn't work from PC terminal. Va...
by Valerio
Tue May 27, 2003 7:43 pm

looking for Tekran bios file

I'm looking for a bios file for a 'Tekran P6Pro-AU' motherboard. I am not looking for an 'update' but the original 128 Kb file which came with the board when was purchased. PD.: The 'update' on Tekran website is 256Kb but the chip on the board I have has just 128Kb. Maybe it is an error or maybe the...
by Valerio
Tue May 27, 2003 7:29 pm
Topic: Success story (finally)
Replies: 4
Views: 3709

checksum

At least with the programmer I mentioned all worked fine when 'binary' format is selected. I didn't even find problems about checksumming when burning bios files in two steps (S4 128Kb but bios chips 256Kb).

I suppose it is the same for other devices.

Valerio
by Valerio
Sun May 25, 2003 5:35 pm

Binary

File format I used is 'binary'.
In fact, if you read the content of the chip after burnt it must look exactly like you see when editing the bios file with a hex editor (i.e. UltraEdit).

Greets,
Valerio
by Valerio
Sat May 24, 2003 10:14 pm

Success story (finally)

Today was a great day. I have resurrected five nice motherboards I got for free (stamped as "irreversibly damaged" by the company I work in). There are some QDIs (Legend & Brilliant), an ASUS PB2-F, and a Intel-W6BXA. Most of them have still attached a PIII 500Mhz and some have even RAM.... I borrow...
by Valerio
Sat May 24, 2003 1:31 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Not enough RAM to flash....
Views: 3040

Not enough RAM to flash....

¿Has anyone try to flash a 2Mb BIOS using a S4/Dataman eeprom programmer with only 128Kb RAM....? As far as i know there must be a way to burn first half of chip and then the rest.... but I don't know how. I found some comments a Dataman page but I would like some direct success (or fail) stories......
by Valerio
Sat May 24, 2003 12:43 pm
Topic: Doubt about bios sizes
Replies: 3
Views: 2775

That makes sense but...

Thank you very much for replying to my questions. I'm sure you are right but it is still too strange. The mobo is well documented at Taiwan Tekran site: http://www.tekram.com.tw/SoftwareUpdate.ASP?Product=P6Pro-Au Note that there is no comments about revisions implying changes of bios chip. Bios upd...
by Valerio
Sat May 24, 2003 10:41 am
Topic: Doubt about bios sizes
Replies: 3
Views: 2775

Doubt about bios sizes

Hi there, I'm new to bios flashing using epprom programmers and now I have a doubt.... The chip I'm interested in is a Winbond W29C011 which is a 1 Mb bios. 1Mb means 128 Kb so I guess no there is no 'boot block' and the whole space is dedicated to 'system block' (following David Oakley name convent...
by Valerio
Fri May 23, 2003 8:04 am
Topic: Some help required about FAQ
Views: 2159

Some help required about FAQ

Hi all, I got a Tekran motherboard based on Winbond W29C011 bios chip. A couple of month ago was killed by virus infection and now the computer does not even start (no video signal) I read many posts and FAQs on this nice site but now I'd like someone help me a bit. I tried to reflashing the bios 'b...