1366x768 resolution problem with KSOM+

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
xanadu59
New visitors - please read the rules.

Greatings to all!
I'm having trouble to update my video m/b.
It's a ECS KSOM+ v5.2A with a BenQ G922HDL monitor (1366x768 native resolution).
I used the patched bios downloaded from this forum (now vbios version is 2.30.01),
and updated the video driver from SiS with the file uvga3_373.zip, as instructed.
Still, the max resolution I can get is 1024x768!!!
Can someone help me? Any ideas to solve the problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Even with the latest known vbios and the latest known windows drivers, this specific resolution is not available. I have no idea why SiS did such a cr*ppy job on writing the windows drivers. 2 possible "solutions"

1. buy a decent video card
or
2. use Linux instead as it has a driver that will allow any resolution you can think of.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
xanadu59
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks for the quick reply edwin. :)
In my last post I forgot to mention a strange video behavior.
Windows 2K 'display settings' shows a 1024x768 resolution but the actual resolution
displayed in the monitor is much lower (maybe 800x600, can't tell for sure).
Then I deinstalled the SiS drivers and reinstalled again.
After restarting the pc the resolution came out ok! but the next day
when I started the pc the first situation was present again (lower resolution).
I have the habit of installing drivers from '.inf' file and not 'setup.exe' file.
Can you give me a hint of what's happenning?
cp
BIOS Guru

once you uninstalled the driver and rebooted Windows uses its build-in VESA driver. even if you install SiS' driver then, you still have to reboot first to activate it. say 'thank you, Windows'.
anyway: you can install from .inf and setup.exe. it hardly makes any difference. installing it from .inf satisfies the Windows driver requester and leaves those useless additional files from the setup.exe uninstalled.

take edwin's advice: get a non-SiS VGA addon card if you want to stick with Windows or install a Linux of your choice to get the native resolution of your LCD (make sure to install X and the SiS X-driver).
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.