No 1440*900 on Acer Aspire 3000 with SIS M760GX

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Goozzez
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!

Yesterday I bought a brand new 19" LCD for my acer laptop. But when I connected it i discovered that here is NO 1440*900 support!

On the SIS website I found (like anyone else)
If your VBIOS version is not 2.28.00 or later, you have to update your BIOS, please contact your board maker or system provider to get BIOS update support.
Yeah right! I browsed the net, but nothing found about a new VBIOS version. I flashed my BIOS with the Acer Aspire 3000 3A32 bios, but no improvement.

My VBIOS version is 2.27.g8

Are there others with the same problem or (even better) a solution?

Thanx in advantage!
arien

I also got an Acer Aspire 3000 with SiS M7600GX chipset.
I don't belive you realy want to put a 19" LCD scheen on the laptop. My laptop got a 15" LCD screen, so I don't thing a 19" would fit.

But I don't know (jet) where to find a newer vbios version, i'm also looking for it.

Dit you find some already? Or still searching?
yonasz

i have same problem with acer 3000 with sis m760gx. Is there any solution for that some new bios or something?
cp
BIOS Guru

read the sticky note in this section.
if we patch the video bios to allow widescreen, you will not be able to use the main LCD of your laptop anymore (it will just stay black). currently there is no way to overcome this.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
jardes69

Hi, I have the same configuration, but I do not care about not using internal panel anymore as it is dead already. Here is the link to my BIOS
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/3a32.zip. Please patch my bios to enable 1440x900 mode.

MANY THANKS