1440x900 not supported on ASUS P4SGX-MX

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
cp
BIOS Guru

OMG! did you read the text that was attached to the file i sent you (aka an email)? as i wrote in my email you have to rename the .zop file back to .zip and unpack the contents. the reason why i alter the extension is that some email providers block mails with .zip files attached. and i don't want people to complain about not received emails while their providers moved them >NIL:
so if you would please rename the file back to .zip, unpack the bios (a binary file) that's inside and feed that one to you favourite flasher.

FYI: the extension itself does not say anything about the contents of the file (read: its format) in the first place.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
AlekTHUNDER
New visitors - please read the rules.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
its work!!!
i`m happy!!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Budas

Hi!

Could I also get a copy of the patched VBIOS for the P4SGX-MX? Same problem - no widescreen 1440x900 support!

Many Thanks CP!
Good job!

Budas
cp
BIOS Guru

sent
yuanleex

Dear CP,

Would you please send me the patched VBIOS for the P4SGX-MX?
Same problem - no widescreen support!

Many thanks! :D
Last edited by yuanleex on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfich

Can't get resolution 1360x768 when connecting TV Hitachi L26A01A as a monitor. Following ASUS recomendations uploaded BIOS to 1006.002 but VBIOS remained 1.10.08.
Could I also get a copy of the patched VBIOS for the P4SGX-MX?

Thanks!
koalak

Could you please send me the bios for P4SGX-MX motherboard. Cannot get 1440x900 resolution. Thanks in advance.
cp
BIOS Guru

ICE_BM

Hi,

I have the same problem as above members, ASUS P4SGX-MX mobo and would like to run widescreen with a patched vbios.

I have tried 1006pmx.002 from the download page, but I believe it is corrupt. I see from posts above that others have had success, but not me just yet. A couple of questions:

The AFLASH program (V221) from the asus website offers to update the bios _without_ bootblock and _without_ ESCD. Is this the correct approach to load the patched bios?

Can someone tell me the checksum of 1006pmx so I can check that my download is ok?

Thanks in advance.
cp
BIOS Guru

apparently the patched bios works great...check posts #3, #12, #17

did you unpack the file you downloaded?
ICE_BM

Yes, I did unpack it, and tried two methods to flash it.

Method 1, using the EZ-Flash utility did NOT work, because the mobo id string has been changed to include a "P" for patched, and so EZ-Flash will not allow the patched bios to be loaded.

Method 2, using the AFLASH (v221) from Asus website as recommended. This "worked" in terms of loading (successful flash), but upon re-booting the PC made nasty beep sounds. Reading the manual for the mobo, I discovered that I needed to put in an extra PCI video card to see any possible error messages. I added a card, and sure enough "BIOS checksum error" was reported on the new flashed bios. Thanks to ASUS crash-free BIOS, I was able to then re-load V1005 (which I had previously saved as recommended by the AFLASH utility.

Yes, I have the exact mobo intended for the patched bios.
Yes, I know what a zip file is.
Yes, I know what a floppy drive is.
Yes. I know what a clean DOS boot disk is.
Yes, I know how to flash a bios.

Any suggestions or feedback would be welcome. As I asked before, is it possible to post the checksum for the patched BIOS?
rpsgc

ICE_BM wrote:Method 2, using the AFLASH (v221) from Asus website as recommended. This "worked" in terms of loading (successful flash), but upon re-booting the PC made nasty beep sounds. Reading the manual for the mobo, I discovered that I needed to put in an extra PCI video card to see any possible error messages. I added a card, and sure enough "BIOS checksum error" was reported on the new flashed bios. Thanks to ASUS crash-free BIOS, I was able to then re-load V1005 (which I had previously saved as recommended by the AFLASH utility.
OMG! I had exactly the same problem. I flashed with the 1006pmx bios from the site and the motherboard just started beeping. I had a AGP VGA around and plugged it in. "BIOS checksum error"... I nearly died 8O Seeing as I didn't have the MB CD I thought I was screwed but luckily I had a MSDOS boot floppy. I used a friend's computer to copy the good BIOS there and was able to repair it. I won't ever try that again!

That's what I get for trusting this website... the AFLASH did warn me that that BIOS wasn't right for my MB :evil:
BonProg

I need ASUS P4SGX-MX patched bios, but worry about previous post reply. I discovered that the download page propose exactly same file 1006pmx.002 for P4SGX-MX and P4SP-MX which use different chipset. Is it some error or 1006pmx.002 work for P4SGX-MX? (ASUS site propose 1006gxmx.002). Sorry for bad English.
cp
BIOS Guru

uhoh..i'm sorry for all your troubles. the download page had the wrong bios linked in. i just fixed the link. so if anyone volunteering? you'd better don't ignore the asusflasher warning. and please report back with the results.
rpsgc

cp wrote:uhoh..i'm sorry for all your troubles. the download page had the wrong bios linked in. i just fixed the link. so if anyone volunteering? you'd better don't ignore the asusflasher warning. and please report back with the results.
Yeah... it's fine now. It works.