1440x900 not supported on ASUS P4SGX-MX

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
geeksrik
New visitors - please read the rules.

hello all

I am in dire need of some BIOS pacth and I wish CP helps me in this. cp has sent patched bios updates to many of them here so here goes

I am trying to plug a Dell SE 198WFP 19" Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with the above mentioned motherboard. This motherboard uses a Sis650 chipset and an Award BIOS. My max resolution is 1280x1024, nothing more. i need an optimal resolution of 1440x900 to support this widescreen monitor.

I have tried univga2/3 drivers from sis, I even upgraded my bios from esupport.com and that didnt work either. I tried installing all versions of nvidia geforce 5xxx AGP cards which support higher resolutions, but none gave me this resolution of 1440x900.

the only thing I think will work now is a VBIOS upgrade for this BIOS. my current VBIOS version is 1.10.08 which i think is perhaps old. i need 2,28.00 after which i can install the univga2/3 drivers to get that resolution. I am not sure what to do now. Can anyone (including cp from germany the bios master) help me in sending me a patched bios BIN file which I can upgrade to and try out whether this monitor resolution is finally supported or not!?

thanks in advance to all
srikanth
cp
BIOS Guru

patched bios sent..
geeksrik

cp

thanks a zillion for your help and instructions, things work like a charm now.just for other people to know about the solution the following will make the dell 19" wide screen work with a resolution of 1440x900 resolution.

1. install the patch sent by cp - request it if you need it
2. always state your motherboard name and chipset name - mine was asus P4SGX-MX, with a SiS650GX chipset.

3. even after upgrades of bios from esupport.com, the VBIOS version was still 1.10.x which was old.

4. after the upgrade from cp, VBIOS version is now 2.31.x which is the prerequisite for installing the univga drivers available from www.sis.com

5. last but not least, though sis say one should install univga drivers version 2 for sis650 vga in built graphics card, i installed univga 3, and thats it.

6. reboot once and viola!! you find the 1440x900 resolution.

brilliant cp !!
thanks again
xi0utlawstarix

i dont want to make a new thread asking the same question.

thanks cp for the patch from yesterday. worked great finally 1440x990 resolution :D

but now im having the same problem with the family computer.
Asus p4s333-vm with sis 650

thanks
cp
BIOS Guru

if you want the other bios patched, please open up a new thread and post the link to the bios.
edgeman

Hi there, could someone send me the patch too? I have the same problem... nice new Asus 19" widescreen, Award Bios 6, sis650 chipset and maximum resolution of 1280x1024.

If you could send me the patch that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

p.s. my current VBIOS is 1.11.05, which is way below the 2.28.xx required. The board is an Asus P4SGL-VM.

I tried following the steps in this forum using cbrom, but I got an error saying "1008gl.004 have not enough space for adding ROM", using the 1008 *with* LAN BIOS. There was no VGA block in ANY of the downloadable BIOS files for this board, therefore nothing I could replace :(

EDIT: The link to the latest BIOS file from Asus is here: http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc ... 08gl04.zip

Thanks again!
cp
BIOS Guru

different mainboard, different bios. please open a new thread!
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
atoyot

Could I also get a copy of the patched VBIOS for the P4SGX-MX? Same problem; no widescreen support!

Many Thanks!

Atoyot
cp
BIOS Guru

patched bios sent.
res

Could I also get a copy of the patched VBIOS for the P4SGX-MX? Same problem; no widescreen support!
chip set sis650 Award bios

thanks

res
cp
BIOS Guru

patched bios sent.
res

:D
The patched bios works great.

I Follow the Bios Update directions from the the motherboard user manual. I used the aflash method from a DOS Floppy.

I received a warning the update bios was older than the current version. (The dates were actually the same). I continued from the warning prompt and now have a true wide screen.

I had already upgraded the sis drivers, so after the bios update all was good.

Thanks again.

res
AlekTHUNDER

Hello!
Forgive me for my bad english!
I have a problem with my motherboard P4SGX-MX with a SiS650GX chipset and resolution of 1440x900!
Help me please, send me patched bios!!!
AlekTHUNDER

Hello!!!
My last bios from official site ASUS is a .AWD file!!! Your is a .ZOP file
I use my last bios in DOS!!!
And try this with your bios!!!
The pachet bios does`t work!!!
There is error!!!
How to use it with original extension???
AlekTHUNDER

Aflash method from a DOS Floppy dosn`t work!!!