AMS TECH LAPTOP RODEO 1000CT DRIVER PROBLEM WITH COLOR RESOL

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
ALY
New visitors - please read the rules.

My laptop screen colors cannot go higher than 16 bit. I need a driver in the adapter or monitor to get it to go to 256 ??!!!!

IT SAYS IN THE DISPLAY:

vga.drv.vdd Standard Display Adapter (YGA) installed with a 640x480 pixel setting.

It seems there are alot of sites with this old AMS laptop problem posted but NO real answers. Any help? I AM DESPERATE! :

Thanks ALY : robaly@hotmail.com POST SUBJECT: AMS so I'll know to read it
Denniss
BIOS Guru

All you need is to find out which graphics chip is used in your laptop and to find/install drivers for it .

Try www.google.com to find something - a quick search came up with possibly a Trident 9388 graphics chip
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I'm not sure about laptops, but sometimes when you power on the machine, there is a screen before the main BIOS screen that gives details of the display device. This screen sometimes dissappears before the display has a chance to initialise, but if it is at all visible I often reset the machine several times until I can read all of it and write it down.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If you have Windows Update that might give you a driver.

Also, remember that if the maximum you can select is 256, then you are referring to 16 colours, not 16 bit. You have 16 colors, then 256 colors,. Then you have 16 bit, 24 bit and 32 bit, which are higher settings than 256 colors.