ASUS A8AE-LE 3.15 BIOS

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
SCOOTY1
New visitors - please read the rules.

Just got this in my e-mail,

Dear valued HP customer,

HP is committed to keeping your product running smoothly. There is a software/driver update available for your product. You asked us to send you a notification whenever the software/driver for your product is updated.

We realize you may have already performed this update. Based on your product, HP Diagnostics* may be able to assist you in determining if you still need this update. Simply click the link below to get started.

Compaq Presario SR1720NX Desktop PC
Language: English American
For the operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Click To Download:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... =228&cc=us
Dacso

If you try it let us know how it works out. A lot of people are gunshy when it comes to updating the bios for this motherboard.
SCOOTY1

I tried installing it last night and it would not work. I believe this may be because I am currently running Vista and not XP.
Dacso

HP's description of the fixes in the bios looks like it was targeting Vista problems.
SCOOTY1

I saw that also but the way it wsa written appears to be for those who are having trouble upgrading to Vista. Could be wrong though.
Dacso

I'm afraid
SCOOTY1

Maybe it's a good thing I can't install 3.15. 3.14 is working fine.
Sherryluv

I have an HP a1355c and received that email. I downloaded and ran it. It did not work and I got a message to contact HP if I kept having trouble. I thought everything was okay, but when I rebooted later that evening, I am getting a bios rom checksum error. HP has been no help whatsoever at this point and I cannot boot my machine. I have found a way that I can flash it but i need a copy of 3.14 to do it. If anyone can help me out with a copy, I would really appreciate it. My email is Sherryluv@aol.com. Again, if it isn't broke, don't fix it!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

@Sherryluv: you've got mail.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...