Asus P4SQ - Digimatrix - Need vBIOS Update for Wide Screen

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
kenbb_99
New visitors - please read the rules.

Just got a wide screen monitor for my Asus Digimatrix (P4SQ motherboard) and can't get any wide screen display modes. I've updated to the UVGA3 driver 3.73. Didn't help

My BIOS version is 1007, but I can't find where I got it. The most current Digimatrix BIOS available on the Asus site is 1006 (flashing to this did not help):

http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Barebo ... /1006q.zip

Any help on updating the vBIOS to support wide screen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
cp
BIOS Guru

patched bios sent.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
kenbb_99

Thanks to cp for quick response with new BIOS. I've still got a problem however. Tried to flash BIOS using Asus Winflash utility. Didn't work - got error message that I'm trying to flash BIOS (1006q) that is older than current BIOS (1007). cp - Is it possible to create the 1006q BIOS with the updated vBIOS with a new date within the BIOS? December 31, 2007 perhaps?

I didn't ask cp to update 1007 because I don't know where I got it (suspect that I got it from Asus and it was later removed - bugs?) and I couldn't provide a direct link to it. Winflash error says that I must use DOS Aflash program to flash to an older BIOS. The Digimatrix does not have a floppy drive and the P4SQ motherboard does not have a floppy connector. I created a bootable CD including new BIOS and Aflash utility. Problem: Aflash wants to make a backup of the existing BIOS on Drive A: before flashing with the "old" one. I know I have a CD-RW disk around here somewhere - I just used it like 4 years ago - but I can't find it. I thought about creating a bootable flash drive, but now I'm getting out of my technical depth, and I'm not sure this would be recognized as floppy drive A: anyway.

Asus has a BIOS flash utility (accessed with Alt+F2 at boot), but this wants to read the new BIOS from floppy drive A: which does not exist. I can't even try to create an A: since the system hasn't fully booted yet.

Any help or guidance on how to solve this puzzle would be greatly appreciated.
cp
BIOS Guru

either use Uniflash to downgrade or make a backup of the 1007 bios so that i can patch that one, too.
kenbb_99

I've e-mailed a copy of 1007.
cp
BIOS Guru

and i've mailed a patched version of the 1007 bios back :)
kenbb_99

vBIOS updated to 2.30. Thanks cp!

I did run into and solve two problems that the experts may laugh at, but my experiences may be helpful to the less knowledgeable.

Initially Winflash would flash the new BIOS but would fail on the verify. After trying this a couple of times I unloaded all running programs and background processes that I didn't think I needed. Flashed and verified successfully. Rebooted. So far so good.

Upon reboot, I got one beep, flash of keyboard lights, sound of drive activity, but blank screen. Cold booted a few times, no success. By sheer luck I noticed that the VGA monitor cable was plugged into the DVI port through an adapter. I remembered that the Digimatrix BIOS defaults to providing VGA+S-video signals but can be changed to provide signals through VGA+DVI - which I had done to (unsuccessfully up to now) take advantage of my new wide screen monitor. Plugged cable into VGA port and - success!

Good luck to anyone giving it a try.
cp
BIOS Guru

ahm..yes. i knew the thing about the DVI port before. i finally included the reason into the sticky note. hopefully things clear up now.
caravan_saray

I got the same problem, can I get that patched BIOS as well? I use my widescreen monitor with DigiMatrix for several month now and just found that video BIOS need to be updated, but have no clue how ... :(
cp
BIOS Guru

sent.
Pahanium

I got the same problem, can I get that patched BIOS as well?
My resolution 1600X1050
Sorry, i speak english very bad, but i want to ask what program can updating my bios or why my flash don't see in EZ Flash
cp
BIOS Guru

you should use the flasher that your mainboard manufacturer offers for download. just take a look at their support site and you'll find what you're looking for.
as (almost) always you can use UniFlash, AMIFlash or AWARDFlash from a bootable CD or floppy of your choice.
oggyvat

This sounds like just what I am looking for. I have my DigiMatrix (current BIOS version 1005) connected to my LCD TV (which is capable of supporting 1366×768 resolution), but I can only find 1024×768 in the display properties. Could you please also forward the patched BIOS to me? Thanks!!!
too

I have the problem with wide screen connect to Digimatrix too.
Please.... send me the patched BIOS.
Callisto

Have the same problem and like to have the patched bios too ;-).

Just sent you an pm.

thanks and kind regards