Bios and Video probs

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
korky45

My Duron 1300 with onboard video is giving me escalating problems. As I was unable to get 3D graphics I tried fitting a PCI graphics card. The monitor would not come on properly at boot-up, showing only an orange LED light instead of green.

I connected the monitor back to onboard graphics socket, re-booted and went into BIOS to enabled both PCI bus and PCI. Re-booting again, I got nothing at first then a DOS window which said it had been able to set up the AGP monitor and to go into windows and set up the screen size etc.

However, it will not let me do anything in the window and I cannot get passed this point. I've tried a start-up disk but the system does not seem to get far enough to see it.

Does anyone know if there is a jumper or anything on the motherboard that I should have enabled for the PCI bus to work? Why does the monitor not light up as normal when connected to a card in the PCI slot?

I thought at first that it was because BIOS was still set at AGP. Have made a big mistake. This is a PCChips 810L motherboard.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

korky45 wrote:went into BIOS to enabled both PCI bus and PCI.
:
I thought at first that it was because BIOS was still set at AGP. Have made a big mistake. This is a PCChips 810L motherboard.
I guess you mean Initialise Display First [AGP/PCI] ? Did you set Enable ESCD update to yes ?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Very good source of information :
http://radel.inet.net.nz/m810lmr.html