BIOS patch for widescreen support? / MX46-533V II

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Fume
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello.

I recently had to buy a new monitor. It's an Acer P215H, 21.5" widescreen monitor, maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080.

However, this computer has no widescreen support, and the largest ratio I can get on it is 1280 x 1024. Which is bad because it's not even widescreen.

I'm pretty sure I need to update my BIOS. Here is the information gathered:

My display adapter is listed as:
SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740

The driver's provider is SiS, and I have installed the most recent driver version for it I could find:
Version 6.14.10.3730

As for my system information, this is what I have:

I have checked the patched BIOS page located here: http://www.wimsbios.com/files/vgabiospatched/bios.jsp

I notice there that under AOpen, MX46_533V is listed as having a patched BIOS download. However, if you take a look at my screenshot of my system information, you'll see that I have MX46_533V II. I'm not sure how important that "II" is, so I figured it would be best to just ask first before downloading that and possibly screwing something up?

Is the download for MX46_533V safe for MX46_533V II? And if not, can somebody pleeeeease release a patch for II, and guide me through the process of updating? It would be much appreciated.
cp
BIOS Guru

i haven't found anything looking for "MX46-533V II". however it could be an OEM version. maybe edwin knows something?
in the meantime you could make a backup copy of your current BIOS so i can take a look at it and maybe patch it.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The only way to find out is indeed to send in the bios backup so we can compare the ID string. I am indeed a bit puzzled, I can't find the "II" model either, yet.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...