Can't get 1440x900 display on asus p4s533-mx sis651

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
cp
BIOS Guru

IF you would have carefully read my last post in this thread your problem would already have been solved. so read my last post before this and follow the instructions.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
ViP3R9
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi CP,

i have MB ASUS P4SP-MX, BIOS v 1006 beta 2
I try use drivers from SiS page - UniSiS driver 3.73
In WinXP i can select resolution 1680x1050 (nativ from LCD), but if i try change this, noting happens. Display is black and afrer few sec. return resolition to 1280x1024.

Any ideas?

THX very much
cp
BIOS Guru

get the patched bios from our download site.
taboo_

Hey guys,

CP's apparently the guy to know huh?

I have the same issue - P4S533-MX mobo, with a monitor that has a native resolution of 1400x1050 (NOT WIDESCREEN!). I have installed the latest UNIVGA2 driver for the mobo, the latest gfx driver and the latest Monitor driver.

I've gone to and updated the bios to the one provided in this thread which is 1007.002 but I am still stuck on 1280x1024.

My bios info is v2.30.01.

The skewed resolution is litterally making my dad go blind (he been drafting on this computer at least 6hrs a day for about 3yrs).

Thanks for any help.

-taboo_
cp
BIOS Guru

download and unpack (don't install!!!) univga3 3.73 drivers from SIS. uninstall all previous versions of their drivers and reboot. when the os comes up again and asks for drivers just point it to the directory where you unpacked the 3.73 drivers before.
taboo_

Thanks for the reply CP. I tried what you said but unfortunate there was no difference (Windows wont let me above 1280x1024). On top of which every time windows starts up I get a:

"The procedure entry point ?SupportHotKeyDef@CSiSEscExt@@QAEKXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SiSApCom.dll"

error.

:(
cp
BIOS Guru

make sure to clean services and autostart from all the useless SiS stuff. if the SiS utils are still installed the some resolutions will not be available. the Windows 9x driver lists 1400x1050 as a valid mode.

older SiS drivers had a registry entry 'EnableLCDMode1400_1050' just where 'EnableCRTMode1920_1200' is (run regedit and search for it). create a new entry and set it to '1'. i don't think it will help much, but it's worth a try.

if you're still stuck you should consider buying another mainboard, an addon vga card or switch to Linux with its open source drivers doing virtually any resolution you can think of.
aa24

Hi CP,
I am having issues with 1440 x 900 on my ASUS P4S533-MX with the SIS661FX.

I have uninstalled the previous driver and try to install the new version and it always comes up with the error SISBase.dll - Cant find InstFunc.exe result file!

If i flash the BIOS will this solve the problem?

Also any other way of flashing the BIOS besides floppy disk?
cp
BIOS Guru

did you flash the bios available on our download page? ASUS' original bios doesn't support widescreen resolutions. if you want widescreen you have to flash the patched version. there are plenty of flashing instructions available on the net featuring fdd, cd and even usb.

the video bios doesn't solve any driver related stuff like missing dlls or such.

make sure to uninstall all previous SiS vga drivers and DON'T INSTALL THEM AGAIN! just unpack them, reboot and point the driver search dialog to the directory where you just (before rebooting) unpacked them.
aa24

i havent flashed the bios. I keep trying to go through EZ Flash with the floppy but keeps bringing up * FILE NOT FOUND and the spelling is 100% correct.

I have uninstalled the previous SIS VGA Drivers, unpacked and then pointed to the latest 3.90 driver - Yet brings up an error of SISBase.dll

Have you seen this issue before?

Think its easier to just get a new Graphics Card
cp
BIOS Guru

you have to flash the patched bios from our download site first. otherwise you won't get any widescreen resolutions anyway.
check the ASUS support site on how to flash a bios. they have detailed instructions on how to proceed.
electricvix

Hi great cp, I download the patched bios and now it's working! I couldn't get 1440x900 on my widescreen monitor. Thank you so much!
Electricvix.
Vitória, ES, Brazil.
electricvix

Hi great cp, I installed de patched bios that you sent, but when I start the pc, it show a message looking for file from SIS. I followed your sugestion to just unpacked the drive sis, not install, I show de path for the file, but when the drive SIS is installed the 1440x900 resolution is no more avaiable.
What should I do?
Thanks.
Electricvix.
Brazil.
cp
BIOS Guru

use the latest driver for your OS. make sure all other (older) drivers are uninstalled. since it already worked before it's just a driver/OS issue.
electricvix

cp wrote:use the latest driver for your OS. make sure all other (older) drivers are uninstalled. since it already worked before it's just a driver/OS issue.

Hi Great CP, I have the same problem that Taboo has. When the O.S starts, it show the messagem below:

"The procedure entry point ?SupportHotKeyDef@CSiSEscExt@@QAEKXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SiSApCom.dll"

The driver SIS is automatically installed, and doesn't show 1440x900 resolution. Just I uninstall the SIS driver, the 1440x900 has shown. But when I restart the O.S the driver is automatically installed, and show the message
"The procedure entry point ..." and then the 1440x900 isn't available.

What should I do? Please, I need your help.
Thanks.