Can't get 1440x900 display on asus p4s533-mx sis651

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
electricvix
New visitors - please read the rules.

electricvix wrote:
cp wrote:use the latest driver for your OS. make sure all other (older) drivers are uninstalled. since it already worked before it's just a driver/OS issue.

Hi Great CP, I have the same problem that Taboo has. When the O.S starts, it show the messagem below:

"The procedure entry point ?SupportHotKeyDef@CSiSEscExt@@QAEKXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SiSApCom.dll"

The driver SIS is automatically installed, and doesn't show 1440x900 resolution. Just I uninstall the SIS driver, the 1440x900 has shown. But when I restart the O.S the driver is automatically installed, and show the message
"The procedure entry point ..." and then the 1440x900 isn't available.

What should I do? Please, I need your help.
Thanks.
Hi great cp, unfortunatelly I coudn't run 1440x900 in my pc. I tried diffets ways, without success. Then, I bought a VGA video card. Now its working very well.
Thank you.
Electricvix.
jomahendran

Hi cp,

I have Asus P4S533-MX and done everything you told to get wide screen support.

The problem is I get only 4:3 resolutions with SiS driver (UniVGA3 3.73) installed.

But when I uninstall SiS driver (UniVGA3 3.73) i can get widecreen (1440x900)

While flashing I got only the option "Update BIOS without Boot Block and ESCD" instead of "Update BIOS including Boot Block and ESCD"
Is that anything related to the problem?

One more thing I am using LG LCD TV as monitor (22LG30R)

Please refer the following screen shots, awaiting for ur reply ;)
With_Driver.JPG
With_Driver.JPG (59.5 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
Without_Driver.JPG
Without_Driver.JPG (59.7 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
theiman

Hi all. I have exactly the same spec and problem as "Knightchronos" (and many others on this thread by the looks of it) re. not being able to get widescreen resolution options.

Motherboard: p4s533-mx sis651
Bios: ACPI Revision 1007 Beta 002
Driver: uvga3_373
Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Adapter:
Adapter type = SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740
Adapter Information = Chip Type: SiS 651
DAC Type: Internal
Memory Size: 32MB
Adapter String: Mirage
Bios Information: 2.30.01

I have updated the bios and drivers and monitor ini as shown above, have also tried uvga2 version as the sis site also said that was compatible, have also tried deleting all previous drivers, re-starting and then just pointing at the downloaded file instead of using the setup program as has also been suggested somewhere but still cant get any wide-screen resolution options?? Is the bios file available through the link in this thread the patched version?? I have tried the one from asus directly and the one on the link but maybe there is a patched version I have missed...?? Please somebody help!
cp
BIOS Guru

1440x900 should work fine. we've many reports that say so.
Krayzee

Also been having the same problems as most on here.

SIS651 chipset, ASUS P4S533MX mobo with the old version of VBIOS, WinXP SP3. I've downloaded the patched BIOS from the page CP linked to and have tried to follow the instructions but it's just not happening. My A: won't format the two 3.5" I have (bad disks not bad drive) so I have to use a CD. My PC didn't come with any CD burning software, just the standard Windows Burning Wizard (!) so I've got hold of Nero 6.6 as there were a couple of bootable CD guides out there but this is where I am stuck. I have downloaded the Win98SE_bootdisk.iso recommended and I will be using AFUDOS.EXE, so the .iso, BIOS file (which I note is in .002 format and not .ROM format - does this need to be renamed from 1007mx.002 to P4S533MX.ROM?) and AFUDOS.EXE need to be burned to a CD? Or AFUDOS and the BIOS file need to be added to the .iso image and then just the one iso file burned to the CD? Or a new .iso file created containing Win98SE_bootdisk.iso, AFUDOS and BIOS? I've tried numerous ways to get the files on the CD and they're on there but my PC doesn't want to run them. The CDROM is first in BIOS, looked like it always had been bizarrely, but it always loaded up Windows so I disabled the HDD in BIOS to make sure it concentrated solely on the CDROM drive and it came up with disk error, please insert a system disk. So it's reading the CD but not liking what's on it - please advise on how to correct this!

Many thanks

Chris
bychan

I am having the same problem, VGA Bios is 315_230 and running UVGA2 373 driver but just can't get the LCD native resolution 1440x900. When I uninstalled the display adapters driver, reboot the system then it show up 1440x900 res. So I finally decided just to disable the Display adapters totally and guest what!! I got the res permanently now.
paparucho

Hello cp.
I have an ASUS P4S533-MX, SIS 651 and I'm trying to set it at 1680x1050 in a new monitor.

I have read all this thread and followed the instructions, but without success:
- Updated monitor .inf
- Updated driver Sis 3.83

- I have downloaded the patched bios from your page
- I have installed it (everything seems ok: shows 1007 beta2)
- But vbios is still 1.10.08

When I select 1680x1050, the monitor goes black

Please, could you send me a copy of the patched bios?

(Maybe the link or the archive in your download page is incorrect)

Thank you in advance.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

1) You say you installed it but the message suggests it did not program your bios.
2) even with the patched bios, the resolution you want to run cannot be achieved. You need a seperate video card for that if using windows.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
paparucho

Many thanks for your answer, edwin.

1) I think it programmed my bios, because the previous was 1006 and now shows 1007 beta 002. So I suppose the archive in download page is incorrect. Could you send me the patched bios or check the archive in http://www.wimsbios.com/files/vgabiospatched/bios.jsp ?

2) Most important: are you completely sure that this resolution cannot be achieved? I have read in this topic that it is possible (and 1680x1050 is the maximum resolution I can select in Windows with the driver Sis 3.83, but doesn't work)

Thanks for your help
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I do not know which bios you have been flashing but it sounds like you flashed the one from Asus, not the patched one from our download page. First flash the proper bios, the uninstall all previous versions of the SiS drivers and reinstall the latest version that is listed on our download page.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
paparucho

As I wrote previosly, I flashed the bios in your download page:
http://www.wimsbios.com/files/vgabiospa ... 7mx002.zip

NOT the Asus one. Even last night I flashed again bios 1006 and then this archive again, but vbios is still 1.10.08

Because of this, I requested you if you could PLEASE CHECK if the archive in your download page is the CORRECT PATCHED BIOS (or maybe a copy without the patch).

Many thanks and regards
cp
BIOS Guru

This post says that the vbios is 2.30.01 after updating the BIOS from our site. And the BIOS has been there since 2008.

To save you some trouble: Even with a new vbios only 1440x900 will work with the SiS windows drivers. Either switch to Linux or get an add-on VGA card without a SiS chipset at all.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.