Help installation probs with PCI Radeon 9250

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Medusa70
New visitors - please read the rules.

Have installed my PCI Radeon 9250 graphics card along with the drivers but am having problems. I have plugged my motitor into the slot in the card, my monitor works fine but on booting up my computer it freezes on starting windows.

Using

Windows XP
Dell Optiplex GX110

First time Ive done this so any help in a language this newbie can understand would be much appreciated.

:oops:
Martijn86

Medusa70 wrote:Have installed my PCI Radeon 9250 graphics card along with the drivers but am having problems. I have plugged my motitor into the slot in the card, my monitor works fine but on booting up my computer it freezes on starting windows.

Using

Windows XP
Dell Optiplex GX110

First time Ive done this so any help in a language this newbie can understand would be much appreciated.

Maybe you have to try newer graphic card drivers from ATi. Or you need the correct software from DELL.
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

Does your monitor support your current windows resolution and frequency refresh?

Try to start windows in the temporary start mode (in Italian is "Modalità provvisoria" I don't now if the translation is correct), set a very low resolution, such as 800x600 and a low frequency refresh, like 60 Hz.
Apply and restart the computer in the normal mode.
If the monitor doesn't freezes, you should see something and then you can try to elevate your resolution & frequency.

So, if the monitor doesn't support any configuration, windows after 15 sec set automatically the monitor to the previous configuration.
vitalix

Medusa70 wrote:Have installed my PCI Radeon 9250 graphics card along with the drivers but am having problems. I have plugged my motitor into the slot in the card, my monitor works fine but on booting up my computer it freezes on starting windows.

Using

Windows XP
Dell Optiplex GX110

I've been having the exact same problem..
I have a home built pc. Mother board: Shuttle MK40VN
I've tried disabling the onboard VGA but I don't seem to have the option in the Bios. I've set the VGA to PCI.. allocated 256megs of ram for display... still does not work...

Anybody have any advice...
thanx