iMedia 1507 1440x900 support

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
ms7821
New visitors - please read the rules.

Damn, that doesn't work. Even though both models are P5S800-VM, it says "The model of the BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present. Press [EXIT] button to exit." prasadm, did you do a separate update first?

In case I've mised a step, I've installed the 0204 update from the PB website, and I'm now trying to install the 1023.003 update from ASUS, using ASUSUpdate 6.7.1.

Cheers,
Mark
ms7821

Oops, forgot to check my email. Thanks, cp!
ms7821

That seems to work perfectly. Note that the downloaded link doesn't work - if you need the BIOS, ask cp to email you...
cp
BIOS Guru

well..the ASUS bios _could_ work, but it involves some risk in flashing the original ASUS bios. i'm sure there is a simple way in fooling the flasher about the ROMID. but still the original ASUS mainboard and the Packard Bell variant COULD differ in some way that won't let them exchange their bios. anyone volunteering? :)
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
JuVarka

I seem to be in the same boat as ms7821, but from the posts it appears that he has a solution. I've tried applying PB and ASUS patches but only the PB ones load, and the latest is not up to date enough!

Can someone point me in the direction of the patched BIOS that allows my PB to run at 1440x900, please :cry:

Juls
cp
BIOS Guru

sent.
JuVarka

cp

I now have a perfect picture at 1440x900 with your BIOS and v3.83 of the drivers.

thanks

Juls
jackdan

Hi, could you also send me that patched bios? My problem is that that motherboard doesn't recognize my memory. it should handle well 2 X 1 Gb 400 ddr, but it doesn't recognise it. Maybe your pached fw would do....

Thank you
cp
BIOS Guru

no, it wouldn't. there is nothing patched in there that would affect the memory recognition/controller at all. get the regular update.
jackdan

I have the regular update. It doesn't work. Cpu Z "sees" i have 2 gb installed,but that firmware would not take it. Even if asus recon that it would. Because it is packard bell, the firm doesn't take it.

Should i try to put asus firm in this motherboard? I have tried to find the reference on the two direrent chipset (100XX001 / A0285001) bu did not find anything. I have made a change on the asus firm, and now i could possibly do an update with asus' firm. But it might be dangerous....

Would you do it?(what do you recommend) It looks like the update would make the memory recognized...

Rgds
cp
BIOS Guru

what cpu-z does is reading the SPD contents. so it could even 'see' 2GB modules if installed. the chipset on the other hand may not be able to handle the installed module. not because it can't read the SPD properly but mere due to the fact that it doesn't support the ram chips used on the memory module.
as i wrote before: the ASUS bios _could_ work...or not. if you want to take the risk: do it! and don't forget to report back with the results :)
Bakani

Hello

Sorry for reviving this old thread

I was so dumb to just flash it with the AsusUpdater 6.x, wich actually didn't complain about a a wrong cheksum and did me just flash it.

Now the MoBo wants P5S800-VM.ROM (either from diskette or cd), and making the bios cd from Packard Bell didn't help at all.

I tried to make it on 3 differents comps, but either i just get an error from the application that makes the disk, or i just see a single .exe file on it, wich tells me that i should leave the disk insterted since it's a boot media and restart my computer.

Since it seems that you managed to "unpack" PB bios, modify it for 1440x900 support and send it to him I was wondering if you could give me a helping hand.

I will also try to pm ms7821, since he wrote that the saved his bios to a file. I would settle for just a working computer at the moment...

Here's the quote from prasadm with the links for the PB bios.

Thank's in advance
prasadm wrote:
I have posted the http web page link where the BIOS is posted on the PB site...

FTP:

ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/69 ... S_0204.exe

http

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/ ... PB13317001
F_I_R_E

Hello.
I have the same problem with P5S800-VM (ROMID is not the same), cp pls send me the patched BIOS.
Thanks.
shmaizer

can you send me the patched bios please, thank you very much, the mobo is almost dead - ezupdate only showing and waiting for a bios. I read you are a life savior
cp
BIOS Guru

no, i won't send any patched bios' anymore. we have our own download site since ...since ages now!
read this thread:
http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic9748.html