inspiron 8200 crashed big time

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
pcxmac
New visitors - please read the rules.

alright guys, im like not too sure what to make of it, i was surfing on the internet yesterday and my laptop went caput. the screen went black, and the system wouldnt respond, so i shut it down. when i brought it back up there are / were vertical lines single lines, going vertical in evenly spaced increments accross my dell splash screen, i also see before that a small section of screen in the middle upon power up thats covered with vertical collumns of zeros. when it gets passed the splash screen i have a bios password protect, which is also corrupted with a few zero collumns and which locks up upon a valid password entry. it wont boot up and i think that the bios is f***ed up, i just replaced the laptop graphics card 2 days ago and it was running just fine, but it was so severe and so quick i think its more a logic error than hardware degradation. i would like your guys is input.

side note, i unplugged the reserve battery. but it wouldnt reset the bios's crappy password protect scheme (needed to boot the computer) and it still has corrupted pixel and text displays.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Flash your BIOS at your own risk.