Integrated Graphics to PCI Graphics Problem

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Dragon_UK20002
New visitors - please read the rules.

I recently brought a new Graphics card (Geforce FX 5200 PCI (256MB))

My previous graphics card was an Integrated Intel Extreme VGA Controller. After following the installation procedure I have ran into problems, the card seems to have been installed correctly, however the old VGA Controller does not seem to be removed even tho I uninstalled it. It still shows alongside my new card in the device manager and each time my computer is restarted New hardware is detected...

Another problem, was that after installing the new card, I installed the Driver CD, but it said that no compatible card was detected. I had to manually install the drivers from the CD and even updated the drivers.

Problem is that the old VGA controller doesnt seem to be disabled...I switched the Graphics from AGP to PCI in the BIOS, yet im very confused with this issue.

Another problem, is that a Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth PC game seems to not work correctly now compared to when the Ingtegrated card was used, the ingame videos now have choppy sound, and ive noticed no improvements in the gameply.

The computer is a Fijitsu Siemans Scaleo P, not sure if that matters. Also in the BIOS there is only one option for graphics, which allows to switch between AGP and PCI...I dont see anything relating to the Onboard Graphics...

Main Circut Board=
Board: FUJITSU SIEMENS D1740 S26361-D1740
Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
BIOS: FUJITSU SIEMENS // Phoenix Technologies Ltd. 5.00 R1.05-06.1740 11/19/2004

Display Adapter=
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 [Display adapter]
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) [Display adapter]
ACR Acer AL1511 [Monitor] (14.9"vis, s/n ETL1408177, November 2004)

please help, this is really bugging me and im so confused. Thank you
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Integrated VGA will always be active unless it is disbaled by a standalone AGP graphics card. With PCI set as master VGA the integrated will run as secondary card. Maybe you have the option to set allocatd memory to null/zero/0 or at least to a minimum. Do not install drivers for it and disbale it in windows. (if not possible install drivers for it but disable again).
Dragon_UK20002
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thank you i will try that