More 1440x900 SIS problems

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
lohsmith
New visitors - please read the rules.

I do apologise for having to post more SIS related bios problems! However, I've spent a good hour and a half looking through these forum pages, trying to find someone with the same motherboard as I have...
My Mobo details are as follows:

BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award
BIOS Date: September 21st 2005
BIOS ID: 09/21/2005-SiS-661GX-6A7I4E1AC-00-None
BIOS OEM: SCB08 - 6.00 PG
Chipset: SiS 661 rev 17
SuperIO: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 3 at port 002E
Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS
Motherboard: SCENIC Edition

The PC itself is a Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic Edition X103 - P4 519 3.06GHz 512MB 80GB DVD/CD-RW XP Pro

I have recently bought 4x 19" 1440/900 resolution screens, but cannot find a patched bios update to get the maximum resolution.

Any help would be hugely appreciated (It was a hard enough sell to get the charity I work for to upgrade their screens...so, it would be nice to have them working at their full potential)

Many thanks,

Laurence
cp
BIOS Guru

there's no bios available from FSC but it seems that the mainboard is an ECS 661GX-M7 PCB:1.1
i patched the bios available from ECS but it _may_ not work on the OEM version. so if you want your bios patched you have to make a backup using awardflash and upload it somewhere i can get it (some service like directupload).
if you want to try the patched ECS version at your own risk then please get it at our download page.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
lohsmith

Many thanks for that. What a very helpful website this is!

I'll make a bios backup when i'm in work tomorrow, then attach the link to this thread.

Thanks again for providing such a quick answer! It is hugely appreciated.

Regards,

Laurence
lohsmith

I'm having quite a few difficulties getting a bios backup.

Firstly, Fujitsu had changed the Bios access key from F2 to 'delete'...so, I spent a while on the phone to work that out!

Having got into the bios, I changed the boot order so that the a:drive is looked at first, then the hdd. However, when I then restart the computer, with the awdflash.exe on the floppy disk, nothing happens. It tells me to take out the disk and reboot as normal.

I was expecting it to load up the awdflash program, from which I could then save a backup.

Am I missing something? I've tried to get the answers in the forums; but people with similar questions seem to have different motherboard manufacturers, and are therefore getting different solutions.

I really do appreciate the help that has been given so far. Hopefully, with a few pointers, i'll get my bios backed-up and online so that it can be updated.

Thanks again for the help so far,

Laurence
lohsmith

Ok, I managed, at last, to get my current bios backed-up. Please find it at the link below...

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhhm2lajnyo

Hopefully you'll be able to update it for me ok...having our widescreens on stretched 1024x768 really isn't the best!

Thanks again,

Laurence
cp
BIOS Guru

patched and available on our download page. please report back with the results. thanks :)
lohsmith

Hi CP,

Thanks for all of your help so far, & especially for updating my bios.

I shall try this newly updated bios at work on Monday, and report back to you. Hopefully our offices days of 1024x768 stretched widescreen will be numbered!

Regards,

Laurence
lohsmith

Just to say, many thanks for your help in updating our system bios'. All four computers took the new flash...and we now have our screens at their full 1440x900.

All the very best with this great service that you're offering

Laurence
J0rO

cp wrote:patched and available on our download page. please report back with the results. thanks :)
Hello!

Not sure if I am being really dim or not, Im really after a replacement bios for my Scenic X103 and was going to give this one a go. But I dont seem to be able to actually find the download link anywhere.

Is there a direct link to the download? I seem to be going round and round in circles on this website!? =)
cp
BIOS Guru

ctrl+f gives you an in-text search-window on most (all?) browsers. the company is called Fujitsu-Siemens btw. or at least it was a few weeks ago.