MSI GeForce4 Ti 4600 + JP4MDMP (P4M266-8233)

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Alien18
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi i was just wondering when the bios for the mentioned motherboard is due out because i got the GeForce4 Ti 4600 and when i try to play a game after a few mins my computer completely freezes and on the nvidia website it says to update the bios on the FAQ section and afte rfinding out a program the finds my motherboard ID and finally figuring out the Model number i ended up here and with no bios, sorry if I have waffled on a bit here but i really need sum help.
soupy
Absentee administrator

I'd say its more likely a driver problem than a BIOS issue.

Get the latest Nvidia reference drivers, and the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Alien18

Hmmm i had already tried the nVidia drivers and have now tried the VIA 4 in 1 drivers but it still freezes, the nVidia FAQ explains my problem almost exactly and suggests updating the BIOS and it's the only thing i haven't tried yet. :( Grrrrrrrr i get this great grafix card and it still dont work, why is it everythying i get for my computer never just works damnit.
olexy

Alien18 wrote:Hmmm i had already tried the nVidia drivers and have now tried the VIA 4 in 1 drivers but it still freezes, the nVidia FAQ explains my problem almost exactly and suggests updating the BIOS and it's the only thing i haven't tried yet. :( Grrrrrrrr i get this great grafix card and it still dont work, why is it everythying i get for my computer never just works damnit.
Usially I'd like to know all setting of videocard. These parameters can be obtained by the following UTILITIES: SiSoftSantdara, PowerStrip and 3DMark 2001SE, etc. As I know ATI cards have BIN directories on CD, where some utilities are presented to test ATI cards. So, I think, should be for NVidia cards. Knowing GPU, DDR frequency, AGP mode, etc. you can restore the wrong settings!
raya