Need BIOS patch for P4S8X-MX

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Ran_TH
New visitors - please read the rules.

I just bought Widescreen monitor today, with optimum resolution 1360x768. I was happy until then I realized my SiS 661 VGA onboard card does not support this resolution on Windows. Right side of screen is cut half.

Could someone (especially cp) help to provide the patch BIOS? I tried to check download page but my motherboard is not on the list. My recent BIOS file can be downloaded here:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/12/ ... Ran_TH.bin

Thank you in advance :D

P.S. This widescreen resolution (1360x768) worked fine on my Ubuntu (using unofficial driver, since SiS doesn't support Linux), while on Windows it doesn't. In Ubuntu it detects 1360x768 while on Windows it detects 1366x768.
cp
BIOS Guru

sorry, no way to have 1366x768 with the SiS windows driver. and with SiS hardware slowly disapprearing, i doubt that i'll ever start disassembling the video BIOS to inject new resolutions just for the Windows guys out there. go and install Ubuntu, enjoy the 3rd party SiS driver and all the funky resolutions you want. install Wine if you really need anything Windows-like.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Ran_TH
New visitors - please read the rules.

Oh come on :(

I already installed Ubuntu and yes the widescreen is working fine. But I need widescreen resolution on Windows as well.
In other thread you have download link to SiS VBIOS, right? I want to patch the BIOS myself but CBROM isn't working on AMI Bios.
I have MMTool for AMI BIOS but I don't know how to inject the video bios to it.

Maybe I should buy new video card instead :roll: but before that I would like be given another free solution.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The resolution you want to achieve is not in the Vbios, not even in the newest one, because of the idiotic way the windows drivers are written, it needs to be in the vbios. It isn't. You can patch all you want, it won't fix it.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...