Need Help on Asus Polo-TV mobo using onboard display

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
hklkssklkh
New visitors - please read the rules.

Dear all,

First of all, I'm new in this forum. I found this good website when I'm searching for the solution on my Widescreen LCD problem.

Here is my current computer config:
Intel Celeron 900
Asus Polo-tv motherboard (I cannot find any information, link, files on Asus official website about this mobo, I can only found this menu from Google: http://www.raddyn.com/pdf/asus_polo.pdf)
SiS 630 chipset
Monitor: LG 194WTQ 19" widescreen LCD (Max Res.: 1440x900)

I've search and view some thread on this forum. I cannot found any info related with this mobo. I've updated to Rev. 1009 mobo latest BIOS. In Windows XP, I've tired to updated to latest SiS UniVGA Display driver and installed LG Monitor Driver. But I still cannot set it to use 1440x900 resolution. Then I've check with the onboard VGA BIOS ver. , it said it is a ver. 2.0.55. Which maybe the cause of my problem. However, I can't found any BIOS update. Can anyone help me?

Here is the BIOS file:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nclowi
cp
BIOS Guru

there's no recent enough bios for SIS630/730 IGPs. sorry.
either get a AGP/PCI card or install Linux as the free SIS driver has no such issues like the Windows driver.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
hklkssklkh
New visitors - please read the rules.

cp wrote:there's no recent enough bios for SIS630/730 IGPs. sorry.
either get a AGP/PCI card or install Linux as the free SIS driver has no such issues like the Windows driver.
Oh.. sound disappointed. But Thanks for your help.
I will not install linux on this PC. So is there no any other way to "force" my onbard display to use 1440x900? (e.g. use PowerStrip)
or try to extract the video BIOS from the mobo BIOS
and edit some lines so that it can support it?
cp
BIOS Guru

So is there no any other way to "force" my onbard display to use 1440x900? (e.g. use PowerStrip)
no.apparently not.
or try to extract the video BIOS from the mobo BIOS
and edit some lines so that it can support it?
extracting the video bios isn't a problem at all..patching it will be. unless you disassemble the whole bios and have some datasheets handy (not available without NDA btw.). not worth the effort if you'd ask me.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.