HP Pavilion a220a K2-6L6E and SIS 65x Widescreen Problem

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
invergordon
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, having read through the website I don't think there is a patched bios to allow my piece of crap video chipset to offer me 1440x900 resolution for my nice new monitor, boo hoo!!

Having discovered the HP BIOS upgrade and flashed the BIOS all I have suceeded in doing is increasing the CPU fan speed, no additional resolutions. So I update the AGP driver and installed the latest SiS drivers all to no avail.

Your website advises MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE A DIRECT LINK TO YOUR MAINBOARD BIOS. What does DIRECT LINK mean? I have the following information about my motherboard, BIOS and Video chipset:

Motherboard: HP Pavilion 061 K2-GL6E (thats all it says, honest!)

BIOS: Phoenix 08/30/2004-SiS-651-6A6IXE1DC-00-None

Video: SiS 651, Adapter String - Mirage, BIOS Info - 1.11.23

Is there anyone out there who can help with this nightmare that I'm caught in please??
invergordon

I peeled off the K2-GL6E sticker to reveal L4S5MG3 Rev 3.1 if that's of any use to anyone.
cp
BIOS Guru

mainboard made by ECS but i took the original HP bios image and patched it :) it'll be available on out download page asap. please report back with the results!

the mainboard is called K2-GL6E by hp.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
invergordon

Great, but where's the download page?
invergordon

Duh! Found it, thanks. Will patch and respond.
invergordon

Great 1440x900 now works, no other issues with the flash. You are truly a master! Thanks a million.
wildmannu

I cant get win 7 to download this bios it goese crappy on this k2-gl6e 3.11 bios is this the correct bios hack to go up to i all ready have a upgrade that unlocks the over clocking from another site so i can clock my 2.0 p4 to 2.66. is the other hack causing the problem or the one you provide? ps can ya link me in your reply to the correct bios win 7 has stoped me from clicking to it on ie8 now might be a win 7 problem too.