Problem with Modems

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Traider
New visitors - please read the rules.

Ok, I have installed XP and now it does not reconize the modem. I used the cd that came to install it. Do I need to upgrade Bios?? Bios ID is 1/15/2001-SiS-620-2A6INJ19C-00. Chipset is SiS 620 rev 3. Can any help??Thanks for your time in this matter.:( :cry:
soupy
Absentee administrator

More likely the modem is simply not supported.

Try here:

http://www.driverguide.com/
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Depends what modem.

For example, my Netcomm Roadster II 56 USB modem I purchased back before Windows 2000 came along, and when Windows 2000 did come along I still had to obtain a driver from Netcomm. Then it worked fine.

Also, I have found that the Lucent WinModems seem to need at least 98SE before the O/S includes a driver for them, and they also have been around a long time, although I admit that new models based on the same chipset and modem are still being released. However, if I install a manufacturer's driver for these modems, they still also work no problems.

What modem is it - I might have looked for drivers for that manufacturer or even model before. The CD may not help if the CD was released before Windows XP was released, because in that case the CD will likely not have Windows XP drivers.