SIS 630 Driver Problem With win 2000. Key not Found Error

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
mnrao
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a PC working on win 98, with SIS 630 chipset. I tried to upgrade my OS to win 2000. I couldnot install VGA drivers. Error given is," Key not found". i tried the drivers supplied by the manufacturer as well as latest from www.sis.com.

Recently my computer even stopped restarting. I have to shut-it down and switch on the power a couple of times before it reboots. what is the reason for this and Will a BIOS update solve the problem??
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

mnrao wrote:Recently my computer even stopped restarting. I have to shut-it down and switch on the power a couple of times before it reboots. what is the reason for this and Will a BIOS update solve the problem??
There are many possible reasons, including bad memory, bad memory contacts, bad PSU and bad CPU. It is unlikely to be the BIOS, but it could be settings in the CMOS setup are trying to drive the machine too fast. If your memory settings are not set to "auto", try that.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
webmax666
BIOS Newbie

hey, do you have a notebook?
i've had this problem too with my notebokk with SiS 630 chipset. after 3 reeboots there was no problem longer. and with the driver i think you need the full package of SiS drivers. first you should install the AGP104 driver, and then the 206_win2k_630 (?) graphics driver.