sis 730 Vs LCD 1360x768 (Shuttle ss40g)

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
jagemal
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi ... I have an old Shuttle barebone (SS40G - MB: FS40) with sis 730 chipset, I want connect it to my TV LCD Samsung with VGA connection

The TV supports a resolution of 1360 * 768 .. already tested with two notebook

But barebone allow me to choose only two resolutions, 800 * 600 and 1024 * 768 ..

I tried for to increase video memory , without success .. and upgrade drivers to the last version available on the manufacturer's website

I tried to force the resolution with powerstrip, but the button "Advanced timing options" remains disabled .. looking on google, thay say that often the problem is due to the "Hide modes this monitor can not display" ... but in my case the entry is in gray .. can only see that is disabled .. at least it seems
(too strange: in device manager under "display" it says plug and play, but in display proprieties it says "defoult monitor"

the operating system that is above is an XP sp3

link to downloads page
direct link to latest BIOS

thank in advance (and excuse me for bad English :oops: )
cp
BIOS Guru

the SIS video bios doesn't support 1360x768 and the SIS Windows driver relies on the modes the video bios supports. either use Linux (try Ubuntu, it's very Windows-like) or email SIS to write a proper Windows driver for their legacy products (i doubt that they will even answer ;)))
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
jagemal

cp wrote:the SIS video bios doesn't support 1360x768 and the SIS Windows driver relies on the modes the video bios supports. either use Linux (try Ubuntu, it's very Windows-like) or email SIS to write a proper Windows driver for their legacy products (i doubt that they will even answer ;)))
thanks for the answer :) ... the PC is for my mother, and she needs windows :(

now I'm looking for this .. do you know if it's compatible with 1360*768 ??
cp
BIOS Guru

the SiS chip is capable of doing almost any resolution but the SiS Windows drivers are not.
i've never had problems with ATI or NVidia drivers on Windows. So you can go for a card with one of their chips. For 1360x768 in Truecolor you'd need approx. 4MB VGA RAM ;) Don't forget to download the latest drivers from their homepage!
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
jagemal

thanks ...

ho ordinato la radeon 9200 .. per 20 euro si può fare un tentativo :D