SupraExpress 336i V+ (SUP1760) firmware

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

I recently received the (see subject) modem. There's no support for it at www.diamondmm.com (it's not in the list of legacy modems).

If any of you have information regarding this particular modem, I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for a BIOS update for it. It has a full-sized BIOS chip, with firmware release: V2.000-26 (on the BIOS sticker).

Part number: 40500900-001 (on plastic casing sticker)
Part number: 23608176-003 (on sticker on PCB)

It's a large ISA DSP modem, with a Rockwell RCV336ACF (R6749-23) processor.

I've read about modems with this processor being firmware upgradeable to 56K/V90, so my interest principally lies here.

Additional note: this modem may have been designed for the North-European market, because of stuff written on the stickers in Danish, Dutch and German. All I know is that it has been working properly in Spain.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Does this help ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Thanks. The site was down last night when I checked. Anyway, I think I'll have to resort to trial-and-error flashing...
What I'm really after is finding out if anybody out there actually has this particular modem model.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

ajzchips wrote:Thanks. The site was down last night when I checked. Anyway, I think I'll have to resort to trial-and-error flashing...
What I'm really after is finding out if anybody out there actually has this particular modem model.
There might be a broken one in my bin...
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

That ftp server doesn't have any useful info... :( Thanks anyway, Dennis.

Nick, you have a small flea market at home??? ;)
soupy
Absentee administrator

Just a note, the Sonic Blue (snicker) website lists the following models & firmware, which is different than what you have listed:

Supra 336i V+ International SUP1660
Supra 336i V International SUP1670

Probably won't help, but there seems to be a discrepancy there.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Yep, yesterday I sent them an email regarding the similarity/difference between the SUP1660 and the SUP1760 (mine), but haven't answered yet. I should give them a few more days. What's weird is the fact that there's practically no info on this modem anywhere... not even archived copies of diamondmm.com, diamondmm.de, nor diamondlegacy.com.

Oh, and BTW, there hasn't been any dyslexia... it's indeed SUP1760 and not SUP1670... in case anybody was wondering :)