TTX VX series and sis m650

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
gp95ac
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
Ive searched the threads but I am not sure if a bios is available to cure my problems.
I can use my VGA out to display on another monitor, but I cannot extend my desktop to the external monitor (only mirror) nor can I use the proper resolution (widescreen). Will a bios flash or a vbios upgrade (or both) solve these issues?

Heres some info

BIOS Type: AMI
BIOS Date: April 9th 2003
BIOS ID: 63-0620-009999-00101111-040201-SiS650-1ABCD003
BIOS OEM: 07.00T
Chipset: SiS 650 rev 17
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: 56548
Motherboard: N243S9
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4.0
Maximum Memory: UnknownMB
Installed Memory: 1024MB
Memory Config: Slot1:512 Slot2:512

SMBIOS info:
Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.
Product Name : N243s9
Version : 1.0
Serial Number: 00000000

Also from the video card...

SiS M650 Rev 00
Bios 1.10.8m
Software Version 2.22
Driver Version 2.22

My apologies if I havent posted enough info or if this should be in an existing thread

Many thanks for any help you can provide

Cheers
cp
BIOS Guru

If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
gp95ac

My apologies, I thought those were drivers which would work with the patched BIOS.

However, I downloaded and installed the one for the sis650 and can run the systray application. When I try to adjust the driver mode settings, it crashes and I get an error "systay has generated errors and will be closed by windows....and error log is being created"

Wheres this log and will me posting it be of any help?

I've also gotten errors when i right click, display settings, advanced...."An error occured while windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\WINNT\system32\desk.cpl

I thought I was close, but now it seems further away.

Any ideas?
gp
cp
BIOS Guru

did you uninstall the old driver first? did it cleanly uninstall? try the following: select the standard vga driver first, then reboot and install the new sis vga driver on top of the standard vga driver (rather than on top of the old sis vga driver).

again: we can NOT patch your notebook bios for widescreen support anyway as you would lose your lcd.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
gp95ac

I'll give that a try and post back. Thanks for the tips cp!

I'm more concerned with being able to extend my desktop to another monitor (in addition to the lcd) for more workspace, rather than the widescreen support (which would be nice, but not necessary)

Thanks again
gp
gp95ac

Hello All,

I tried CP's suggestion, and even went one step further. I got a new HDD, did a clean install of XP, then downloaded and installed the SiS m650 driver that is linked here over the standard VGA you get on install.

However, I still cannot extend my desktop to a regular 17" 1024x768 flatscreen.

I know there wont be widescreen support, but I'd really like to be able to extend my desktop for more room when working with multiple windows.

Any ideas? Patches?

Thanks again
gp
gp95ac

Further with this, when I check out my display settings, the second monitor is there, I click "extend my desktop", flicker, then nothing.

If I double click on the #2 monitor, This error pops up

Error in SiSApCom.dll
Missing Entry: WriteSupportUtilityKey

Any ideas?