VBIOS for Fujitsu Siemens Scenic P300 D1761 (SiS 661)

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
lx99
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there!
We use a couple of FSC Scenic P300 in our company and just made a switch to 19" widescreen TFTs. As it's known the onboard Video doesn't support 1440x900. I installed the latest driver directly from SiS but it didn't help. I got a bunch of new resolutions but no widescreen.

Would someone please be so kind to try to patch the BIOS? I uploaded the latest version I could get from FSc to my website http://www.schmit.at/downloads/BIOS_D17 ... 0_1.10.rar

Thanks in advance!
lx99

Well...after a month of waiting I can say "THANKS" for your help :evil: and the huge amount of replies in this thread....I thought this forum could be useful....but no way :(
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The problem is our main patcher has gotten his internet cut off due to moving to an area where there's only dial-up and the rest of us are pretty busy trying to get things back in order. remember this is a forum based on volunteers. and there's is ofcourse a pretty extensive guide about this subject so why not try doing it yourself?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
cp
BIOS Guru

make a binary dump of the bios (NO, the update disk won't do) and send it to my email address. i'll take a look at it.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
lx99

Hi @all!

First thing I'd like to do is asking you to excuse my rather rude last posting.
I was stressed and needed an urgent fix for the problem (what I did by buying some AGP cards). Sorry guys, I pay my respect to all of you who help others out.
edwin wrote:and there's is ofcourse a pretty extensive guide about this subject so why not try doing it yourself?
ok...I would really like to get more into this but I think at first I need to know some basics like....
cp wrote:make a binary dump of the bios...
how can I do that? I searched the net but didn't find an answer...

Thanks in advanve
Alex
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

with uniflash
http://www.rainbow-software.org/programs.html#UniFlash

In the mean time I've seen this is a customized Phoenix bios, so patching it is not going to be easy. You might want to poke at FSC for an update...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...