Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

8ball wrote::?

Hi Guys,

I put the Compaq bios on and it worked great. Ran into a problem with the system went to reinstall.... And the onboard backup doesn't like the Compaq.... Needs to see HP.... Would anyone have the original bios??

Thanks

please email me if you get a chance

jhill777 at yahoo dot com
I have not seen any HP variant of this bios yet. The only difference between the 3.14 and the 3.13 (which you can download from the HP website) is the logo where it comes to the identity. Other than that you have only enhancements. What is the error message you get?
Last edited by edwin on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Atticus wrote:Edit: Seems I was using the wrong version of winflash. The link you gave me did the trick. Thanks for all your help.
you're welcome. thanks for confirming we do have the working winflash linked in the thread :wink:
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

joekm
New visitors - please read the rules.

Can someone tell me how to get or send me the 314.bin file? I too have a sluggish A8AE-LE and like to see if this fixes my problem. Thanks

jkmtz at valornet dot com
Elevenzelevenz

Hey guys, I ran into the same problem... i dont really have to say what i want to call myself cause im sure you all already know lol, but if someone could please help me get that 3.14 bios man it be like god his self came down and slaped me! please help!

Elevenz
ankvk

Edwin, or someone who has as well,

Please send 3.14 for A8AE-LE... experiencing extreme problems with that "surprise" 3.13 posted on HP site.

akskiboy at email dot COM
martyr

anyway i can get this version???
i need the 3.14 version
goldenita

Can anybody please send me the bios 3.14 for my A8AE-LE of my compaq presario SR1710NX. I'm also having problems burning cd's and I think the bios may help with that too.

javdp at lycos dot com

Thanks a lot in advance.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

all sent. you can try PM or email too although best chance on swift reaction is posting here or use PM.

If you choose your subject wrong emails tend to land in the spam-filter :roll:
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

antichris3

hello, could i get a copy as well of 3.14?
Last edited by antichris3 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimster

Would you please send me the bios version 3.14 for my A8AE-LE board in my Presario sr1630nx.

js_mail at yahoo dot com

Thanks
chymmylt

3.14 PLEASE!!!! Bad flash after HP instructed me to upgrade to 3.13 errrrr finally recovered with a floppy but now I have the 3.13 75% CPU blues :(

I have a Compaq sr1830nx with A8AE-LE Mobo and desperately seeking 3.14!

Thanks

chymmylt at yahoo dot com
chymmylt

First thanks much to edwin! You saved a starvin artist's computer! :)

Just thought I would toss this out here to anybody who has a similar issue as I do - for some reason absolutely none of the flash programs would work (tried the one that edwin references in page 3, the one in the bio utilities section - all the programs from the utility page edwin linked to in his first post in this thread none worked. Not even the dos one I used to recover to 3.13 after it failed and corrupt flashed the first time. I just was plain unable to get 3.14 on my machine - all the flash programs reported that it's not an award bios. Finally I downloaded the 3.13 again from HP's website and winrar was able to unpack it - fired up the Winflash that was embed in the installer and selected the 3.14 and ran it - installed. There was some graphic issues during the install (missing dialog for confirming the upgrade and it was strangely cropped on my screen but after about 1-2 minuted I got a message that stated flash successful - rebooted and <BANG> 3.14!!!!! If somebody else is having similar issues - hope this helps somebody!

Thanks again Edwin - my machine is back to usable (now I just gotta figure how to get Vista to work as well as MCE2005 but that's a whole differnt can of beans!)
lifedespitegod

I have been searching for hours and hours to find 3.14 but all paths lead here....I feel like Nancy Drew.......ah...I mean Dick Tracy....or one of the Hardy Boys.....

Could I please, please get a copy also....

-Mike
lifedespitegod at comcast dot net
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

chymmylt: thank you for that important bit of info. I have also downloaded/unpacked it so if one of you has a problem flashing with the esupport winflash or one of the other utilities, I'll send the original winflash thingy if you need it.

Mike: it's on its way.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

troipoison

I ended up with this mobo *a8ae-le* used pulled from a compaq. I guess the guy upgraded only his systemboard???

Anyway, now I can't get past the compaq screen, it just hangs there and reboots. Hold down F1 and it says "entering setup" and reboots.

Can't get the post screen either to see what it's doing.

Got a suspiscion a v3.14 bios upgrade might do the trick. So edwin, if you wouldn't mind... please.... advance thank you's :)

troipoison at gmail dot com

(can't believe how hot this thread is.)
if it sounds like bios upgrade would be a waste, let me know, I'll head to other forums.
(original cpu was sempron 3400+ 128kb cache, I put in a athlon 3200+ 512kb cache)