Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Sougent
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:sent. there's 2 ways of giving your email address, either by PM or making sure the one in your profile is working. do not post it in your message in the thread.
I would like to get the 3.14 bios also. Thanks.
mrzzz21

Glad i found this place!
could i please get a copy as well?
hannielaggie

Well after much deliberation with HP, I too am receiving a box via Fed-Ex to have my PC repaired. It was funny how the phone support would not service me but the online support would. A bit ironic? I still believe there has to be some other alternative in trying to flash the BIOS. I read in some other forum that some guy actually placed the jumper to clear the CMOS and left it there while doing multiple reboots. Consequently, he managed to get the BIOS reverted to factory settings and it worked fine. I'm a bit reluctant to do so for fear of ruining other hardware. Any ideas? If anything, HP will repair any damage done. *Evil Grin*
Joe1079

You had sent me a bios a few months ago and i upgraded but i recently checked my system information and it says that i have a compaq persario 061 when i actually have a hp pavilion A1230N. Also when i boot up it says Compaq. How do i change this
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You don't. This is the Compaq variant of a bios for a board that HP is also using but HP is listing a PITA bios that only works for half of the time... If you want the HP logo go back to the HP update site and load the 3.13 as that is what they have listed...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
techjunky

Can someone please email me 3.14 I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a million!
techjunky

Thanks Edwin!

That was super fast!

I was curious if anyone has been able to manually set their FSB and multiplier using this bios...

I have a XP 4000+ processor.
jukari

Could someone email me 3.14 also? I'm trying to fix a friends computer, and this seems to be the only location I can find that people are getting 3.14.
rollercoaster

Can someone please e-mail me the 3.14 bios? I make the mistake of calling compaq today and have spent most of the day doing a full system restore to undo what they did to try and fix my computer.

Thanks,
semedar

Can anyone send me the 3.14 BIOS too? Good thing I found this site :D

Does 3.14 allow you to change more stuff??
jnors

I would very much appreciate a copy of the 3.14 BIOS also. my wife is about ready to throw this puppy out. The processor maxes out causing her HDTV shows to skip/stutter on playback.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
John

Compaq SR1650NX (ABAE-LE Motherboard)
shane

How do I know I if really need the 3.14 bios?
Does the problem go away if you have an external video card?

My CPU is normally idle, but it does get up to 80+% editing or playing home HDV movies. Sometimes I experience stutter using ADOBE Premier Elements. Updating the BIOS sounds like it may fix the problem, but I dont want create new problems.

System A1350n
Memory 1gig
CPU AMD X2 4200+
VideoCard Nvidia 7900Gt (Installing this made my machine fly)
Bios 3.13
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

One of the problems solved has to do with the southbridge. Where your disk controller sits. Which spikes the CPU when used with the 3.13 bios.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
JohnnyQ

Hi,

I would appreciate it if someone could send me the 3.14 bios update for the Asus A8AE-LE mobo. I have a Compaq SR1710NX and the CPU usuage never goes below 60%.

Thanks
Diabl0132

i would like those 3.14 bios aswell thanks!