Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Towermax
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:manufacturer/device PCI IDs are?

Maybe it's the UAA bus and you'll need that for your audio.
Haven't had time to check it out yet--I'll get back to you later.
proplaya23

proplaya23 wrote:Hey edwin thx for the 314.bin file. I have downloaded winflash but it says that its not a Bios Rom so....? any help will be appreciated

Thank You
<>PLZ HELP I READ THE RULES AND THE WIZDOM THING<> :(
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

proplaya23 wrote:
proplaya23 wrote:Hey edwin thx for the 314.bin file. I have downloaded winflash but it says that its not a Bios Rom so....? any help will be appreciated

Thank You
this winflash?
http://www.unicore.com/techsupport/UTILS/winflash.zip
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
CRUABL21

Well I too have the 3.13 bios and was looking for the 3.14. Can someone help me out with that?
proplaya23

edwin wrote:
proplaya23 wrote:

Thank You
this winflash?
http://www.unicore.com/techsupport/UTILS/winflash.zip
thank yo edwin :D i now have 3.14 and a missing device. I heard some one else had this problem or should not say problem but i am gona try using driver Genuis ,get back to you guys if i find correct driver.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Yes, please do so, I'm curious why a bios update would result in an extra device here.

CRUABL21: you've got mail
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

CRUABL21

Well Thank You Edwin. I like how my HP now boots as a Compaq, I always love how the Bios goes to its defaults and how you have to change everything back to how you like it.

Hey Proplaya23 did you go to the ATI website and download the latest drivers for the ATI chipset on the motherboard? I installed the Bios and didnt see any new devices in the device manager. I have in the bios the Parallel port, NIC, Onboard Sound and Onboard Video disabled so I dont know if that might be one of them. I do have the updates from ATI for the motherboard and the updates from AMD installed so I would say start there.
proplaya23

edwin wrote:Yes, please do so, I'm curious why a bios update would result in an extra device here.

CRUABL21: you've got mail
Ok i have tried using DriverGenuis and DriverGuideToolkit both programs dont even have the unknown device showing up in the list so i cant get an ID on it. The device only shows in device manager. I am gona try reinstalling my sound drivers(uninstall then reinstall) because CRUABL21 says that his is disabled and doesnt have an extra device so.....?!?!. Get back yo You on that.
cp
BIOS Guru

you may post the pci and vendor id. you can find them in the device manager in the properties of the device in question. go to details and copy the string. it should look like this:

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_97611849&REV_50\3&61AAA01&0&8D
(1106:3059: VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller)
proplaya23

cp wrote:you may post the pci and vendor id. you can find them in the device manager in the properties of the device in question. go to details and copy the string. it should look like this:

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_97611849&REV_50\3&61AAA01&0&8D
(1106:3059: VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller)

This is the string ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0. guess its not in USB or PCI connection.

Oh and a Check this out

http://forums.amd.com/lofiversion/index.php/t78191.html
proplaya23

Hey im guessing its a cool n quiet thing cuz they might of added it in the 3.14 BIOS so im gona try installing cool n quiet driver and get back to you on that. But im pretty sure has to be a new feature in the BIOS. :idea:

Update: nope that didnt work!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

"ACPI Fixed Feature Button". Currently trying to find how to load a driver for it if any or how to get it out of the list.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Towermax

proplaya23 wrote:
This is the string ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0.
I had the same problem after updating to 3.14--unknown device driver with the same string.

I did some googling and found out that this is the AMD Away driver. AMD has released a null driver to make this go away, and it is available for download from MSI.

You can find it on this page:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/d ... 730&kind=1

Read the readme file in the download and follow the easy directions. It solved the problem entirely. No more unknown device and one new device "AMD Away" in System Devices.

The good thing is that it's a null driver--doesn't do anything, just makes the unknown device go away.
proplaya23

Towermax wrote:
proplaya23 wrote:
This is the string ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0.
I had the same problem after updating to 3.14--unknown device driver with the same string.

I did some googling and found out that this is the AMD Away driver. AMD has released a null driver to make this go away, and it is available for download from MSI.

You can find it on this page:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/d ... 730&kind=1

Read the readme file in the download and follow the easy directions. It solved the problem entirely. No more unknown device and one new device "AMD Away" in System Devices.

The good thing is that it's a null driver--doesn't do anything, just makes the unknown device go away.
Wow many thanks Towermax. :D :D :D :D looks like ur the hero.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

hats off.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything