Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

rodyle001 wrote:Can I get the 3.14 bios please. I tried it off another site and I am getting a fan error on startup.
go into setup with F11 key and disable the system fan detection.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
farbster
New visitors - please read the rules.

Can I get the 3.14 bios please? After the 3.13 downgrade I have been having slowness issues with my fine HP motherboard. Thanks
aldo_00000

3.13 is killing me ...system has 2 speeds now slow and off
lifeuncaged

Hello all. I noticed compaq release 3.15 for there sr1750nx line of presarios.

Has anyone had any luck applying the update? I've tried and failed. I currently have the 3.14 update installed.
SCOOTY1

I tried installing the BIOS last night and it did not work. Possibly because I am currently running Vista and not Win XP
EscDARKWOLF

I would love to give the 3.14 bios a try if you could send it to me. I am having many of the same problems with my compaq sr1750nx.
Please please help!
Ric2L

is it possible to still get the vs. 3.14 bios update? i have an HP a1210n & im going to upgrade the processor to a dual core, was told this was the bios update i should run if i could find it. any help would be very greatly appreciated.

thanks, Rick
coro71

Hi all! I got ( I think) the same problem.. I mistakenly updated my HP a1350n BIOS to v 3.15 and it crashed! I need help! .. Do somebody knows how to get the v 3.14 ? and how to restart the computer? Many thanks

The Motherboard is an ASUS A8AE-LE (AmberineM)
mrbradeli

Can you please PM me to 3.14 Bios? From what I've read, this'll really help my system performance!
Goldwing

Edwin,
First of all you are doing an outstanding job with this forum. It is the most useful site on the net regarding the issues with these motherboards. I have a customer with a compaq sr1834nx system that had corrupt bios. Bios checksum error on boot. This system was long out of warranty. Naturally the compaq flash from the HP site was no option since it had to be run from windows. After 7 bootdisks and the usual errors about not an award bios, etc. I was able to make a successful boot disk using the flashv7.exe utility. It has the 314.bin and the autoexec file is already set up so just boot and go. I can send you a copy if you would like it to send to the appropriate people who could use it.

For those reading this, the first 2 rules of flashing bios are:
1. If its not broke, don't fix it. (especially if it is your only computer)
2. If it is still in warranty, don't fix it....send it in. (you wouldn't fix the computer in your car yourself if it was still in warranty.)

That being said, if it is out of warranty and you have the time/desire and nothing to lose by trying, then that is what these forums are for. With patience and a logical approach, you will learn a great deal.

Goldwing
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Goldwing,

if you can send me a diskimage of that thing that would be wonderful, saves me a lot of time explaining things to people with a fubar'd bios that need to boot from floppy.

Thank you for the compliments and your contributions to this thread.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Goldwing

Edwin-

U got mail
RCPanes

I found you guys through Google and sounds like 3.14 may help my problems. Could you please send it to me as well.. TIA
samuels412

Can you also send me the 3.14 BIOS and the correct flash utility to use from DOS to fix an HP A1330e?
jwhit

Has anyone tried the 3.15 version on the hp web site? I saw that another user had trouble with this.

I want to try it but I'm not sure that the file I got (I downloaded version 3.14 here:
hxxp://files.filefront.com/314+A8AE+LE+Motherboard+BIOS/;8314893;/fileinfo.html
)
is any good. I hear that a number of 3.14 files weren't any good.

I want to have 3.14 on hand just in case 3.15 doesn't work.

Oh, will it work if I load the BIOS onto a usb drive instead of a floppy (which I don't have)