Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Shecky
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:
quicksiler_c5 wrote:baskozz hooked me up with 3.14.

In case you need it PM me. There is a HUGE difference in performance between 3.10/3.13 and 3.14 My performance tripled and my CPU usage went down from 60+ all the time to nearly 0
I have a working 3.14 bios file. Send me a PM with a valid email address and I send you the bios.

I'd love to get a copy of this bios (A8AE-LE). My address is (hidden). Thanks!
Last edited by Shecky on Wed May 14, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annienygma

Hello,
Is there any way I can get the better bios? I just messed up by trying that upgrade (sigh).
Thanks,
Lynda
PJD

edwin wrote:
rodyle001 wrote:Can I get the 3.14 bios please. I tried it off another site and I am getting a fan error on startup.
go into setup with F11 key and disable the system fan detection.
can i get a copy as well pls?
annienygma

Good luck... Don't think anyone here managed to get it. I didn't anyway. Hope you can find it somewhere else....
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Grumpy_Ol_Man wrote:Could you please email me the 3.14 update. And also....what could cause WinXP Pro to state that, the Standard Dual Channel PCI EDE Controller could not stat because the firmware does not include enough information to configure this device.
not sure but maybe installing the chipset drivers helps.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

annienygma wrote:Good luck... Don't think anyone here managed to get it. I didn't anyway. Hope you can find it somewhere else....
Have been working 12hour days the past few weeks and was absolutely dead when coming home, now have a day off and able to catch up a bit. I'll try and check this thread every week...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Shecky

edwin wrote:
annienygma wrote:Good luck... Don't think anyone here managed to get it. I didn't anyway. Hope you can find it somewhere else....
Have been working 12hour days the past few weeks and was absolutely dead when coming home, now have a day off and able to catch up a bit. I'll try and check this thread every week...
Received it - thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to install it... (yes, I'm an utter newbie to this).
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Shecky wrote:
edwin wrote:
Received it - thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to install it... (yes, I'm an utter newbie to this).
first page of this thread, 5th posting
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Drake0007

I had actually bought a bios upgrade from esupport before you sent me 3.14 the flash worked but was not fully ACPI compliant therefore had turned my system into a paper weight for a day or so. But After receiving the 314.bin file I was able to edit their autoexe.bat file to install 314 installed like a charm have had no issues with it and my cpu load is small under Vista. Word of warning for the esupport bios for the ASUS A8AE motherboard the above problem mentioned plus their bios made my system fan sound like a jet engine.

Thanks again Edwin.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You could send the 3.14 to them as well and tell you got it from me. That way they have an example of a working bios for this board.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Drake0007

That I did, thanks again
sonet

Can i please have a copy of the 3.14 bios for the A8AE-LE? like alot of other users downloaded the 3.15 and i'm having trouble with it. I can install from the floppy drive or will the Winflash be a better choice. I would appreciate a copy of the bios and also a copy of Winflash if I need it. Thanks in advance for any info and help you can provide.
Sonet
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What trouble have you got with 3.15? Can't install it or other issues?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

sonet

It's running fine now.....After I went back into the BIOS and changed all the settings to the ones I wanted it seems to be running as smooth as the old 3.13, I forgot that the settings are reset to default. Mainly problem was, I am booting three operating systems and the new Bios and messed up my booting sequence so after resetting them to my preferences everything is back to normal. Still curious to know if the 3.14 is as good or better than the the 3.15.....I thought maybe after reading this thread that the 3.14 might be the better choice.....do you have an opinion on the choice. Would still like to have the 3.14 just in case I need to go backward for some reason.

Thanks anyway,
Sonet
sonet

Scratch that request for the 3.14 Bios.....I found the 3.13 version and I will keep it for backup if needed. Thanks