Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
jaxelrod
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi Everyone:

I'd really appreciate a 3.14 BIOS copy.

Thanks!
Jeff
jaxelrod

Using Compaq SR1710NX. Upgraded to 3.14 and this fixed my 100% CPU slowness in Vista.

However, I get the expected fan error, and no matter how hard I try F1/F11 do not allow me to enter BIOS.

Thanks,
Jeff
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I'm not sure if this thing has PS/2 ports but try a PS/2 keyboard instead of USB and set USB legacy to Enabled/On as to be able to Enter the bios with an USB keyboard.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
elguappoo999

Looks like I am in need of this 3.14 as well.
I picked up one of these boards to replace a crapped out PC Chips unit in my dads machine...It seemed to come with a 3.15 bios, but it took over 4 hours just to install windows, and it had the 'press f2 to get past chassis fan' issue.

My CPU usage is at 100% all the time.
I found a 3.14 bios uploaded somewhere and isntalled that, I was at least able to get into the bios and change things around (the f2 fan thing is still there) but my CPU usage is still 100% all the time. Oh, and NONE of my USB ports are working either....that makes things fun.

Please send me the magic 3.14 that everyone else is using.

Thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

By going into bios with F11 instead of F1 you get advanced settings, one of them is chassis fan detection, disable that and save and exit bios.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Comynn

Like a lot of other folks here, I've also got an Asus A8AE-LE, which is in need of a Bios update (go figure). Here's the info on my system:

Compaq Presario SR1703WM. It currently has a Sempron 3200+, with 2.25gb memory, 80gb main drive, a 160gb secondary, DVD +/- RW.

I'd really appreciate it if you could also send me the 3.14 update, as well! :D

Much appreciated!

Comynn

Oh yeah... I almost forgot... if I bumped the processor up to an AMD Athlon X2 4200+, would I lose anything by this update? **thanks again-Comynn**
elguappoo999

I should elaborate.

I have gone into f11 and modified the fan settings. I also noticed that the PSU on teh Antec Aria case has a fan sensor wire, I plugged that into the system fan header and that took care of the chassis fan issue.

I have tried 3 different verisons of the 3.14 bios (1 that I downloaded from an uploader service, and 2 modded bios's that I found on another site) and NONE of them are helping to address the ridiculous CPU usage problems, and the HORRIBLE ATA performance. I have NEVER seen it take so long to install Windows on a machine before. 4 hours yesterday!! Twice!! I hoped that a different version might have different results, but no dice.

Please send me the 3.14 that everyone else is using and having success with. I would like to get this machine running for him soI can have my laptop back!!

Thanks.
elguappoo999

Well, I must have a defective board, or something else is just overly obviously wrong...

I flashed the 3.14 bios that Edwin sent me, and my CPU is still pegged at 100% all the time. This is with a fresh install of Xp sp3 (not the original media center build).

Am I going to have to install the Media Center recovery discs and all the asociated BS to have a prayer with this mobo?

I just find this behavior about as puzzling as any machine I have ever worked on. Its so frustrating, because the board has all the features I wanted, it was the right form factor, 4 SATA, even PCI-e, but this ridiculous CPU usage issue just makes it useless...

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
smallblocks2002

can someone send me the 3.14 bios?
elguappoo999

So are you guys using SATA or PATA hard drives? Has it mattered?

Any particular bios options to enable or disable?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

what cpu are you using, what drivers did you install?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

elguappoo999

I am using an Athlon 64, running at 2ghz...PATA hard drive and DVD rom on 1 channel. I disabled the SATA, the parallel port, and any other extraneous items.

I am using the drivers that I have downloaded from ATI/AMD for the IGP, the 8.8, file ver 8.522. The sound drivers were already detected fine by Windows. The video drivers were contained in the IGP from ATI.

Should I use the original drivers from 2005? I will go ahead and give that a whack.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

It might help, I'm not sure. Other people seem to have pinpointed this problem at either the SATA or the USB stuff in their system. Oh and could you please send me all the different bioses you have found so far with the location you found them so I can do a compare on them?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

elguappoo999

Email sent Edwin.

I have tried the factory drivers form 2005, no dice. This is the most ridiculous mobo I have ever tried to use.

I think I will try the factory 3.15 next
brokaw

Hey folks just signed up cause it looks like this place is the king of BIOS stuff.
Just bought a Athlon X2 4200 (939) for my Compaq SR1750NX with the seemingly popular A8AE-LE mobo. BIOS version 3.13. I was just gonna update from the compaq website to 3.15 but from what I have read and searched 3.15 has some issues (I.m running WinXP) as well flashing the BIOS through windows doesn't seem to be the best way.

I would like to upgrade to 3.14 through a bootable CD if thats possible (I think it is) But I can't seem to find a reliable copy of 3.14....if anybody here has one or has a link that would be great (Ive googled and e-mailed comnpaq)

Much appreciated