Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Popeye
New visitors - please read the rules.

may i please have the link for the v3.14 bios? thanks in advance.
alexbf2142

Can you send me the 3.14 bios award at my e-mail adress or private message please??

it's urgent!!

thank you
beng

Edwin,
First of all you are doing an outstanding job with this forum. It is the most useful site on the net regarding the issues with these motherboards. I have a customer with a compaq sr1834nx system that had corrupt bios. Bios checksum error on boot. This system was long out of warranty. Naturally the compaq flash from the HP site was no option since it had to be run from windows. After 7 bootdisks and the usual errors about not an award bios, etc. I was able to make a successful boot disk using the flashv7.exe utility. It has the 314.bin and the autoexec file is already set up so just boot and go. I can send you a copy if you would like it to send to the appropriate people who could use it.

For those reading this, the first 2 rules of flashing bios are:
1. If its not broke, don't fix it. (especially if it is your only computer)
2. If it is still in warranty, don't fix it....send it in. (you wouldn't fix the computer in your car yourself if it was still in warranty.)

That being said, if it is out of warranty and you have the time/desire and nothing to lose by trying, then that is what these forums are for. With patience and a logical approach, you will learn a great deal.

Goldwing

i was wondering if you can send me the files for the boot disk goldwing is talking about here im having the same problem, thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I'll send the .bin file, there's a DOS flasher listed in the first page of this thread.

I'm currently working on a bootable iso for this stuff. Please have some
patience, starting a new company as well.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
gregthebaker

Yeah, I too need this 3.14 update as my pc will soon drive me mad w/o it. Thanks in advance.

8)
descendant75

well i hope you still check this old post edwin.
i am also in need of the 3.14 bin.
i would be very grateful if you or someone that still has it could send it to me.

thank you for your assistance.
lobdell

Edwin i contacted you a while back and got the v3.14 bios from you if you could message me that back again seems how now i cant even get any version of windows to install it just locks up during installation. but i can get linux live to run for days with no lock ups. i have broken it down to find that all the other components are fine except the motherboard. i have a spare processor and ram so i have swapped it multiple times. Im thinking it is the bios. could you send me all the versions you have so i can see which one works the best.

thanks,
lobdell
descendant75

edwin, thank you so very much and sorry for the late reply.

lobdell, i seem to have the same issue as you. and i verified that all my components were good as well. i even removed everything and swapped hard drives trying both sata and then eide. i also tried other power supplies.

mine locks up right when it first says "setup is starting windows" at the bottom of the screen. i tried the press f5 instead of f6 fix i read about on some other site and still nothing.

microsoft says it's a hardware issue(something that is connected is bad like cdrom or hard drive, etc.) so try removing or replacing them.
some other sites say it's a bios problem. in my case they have all been wrong so far.
only things i haven't tried are a earlier bios than 3.13 or a new motherboard.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

try a memtest86 bootable CD. I think it's the memory sticks, seen a few reports lately about the memory used in these machines...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

svenable

I updated to BIOS 3.15 and now I can't use any USB devices. Can anyone help please? The motherboard is ASUS A8AE-LE.
richhed

Hi! Great Forum!

Any way I could get someone (Edwin, maybe?) to PM or email me the 3.14 BIOS for the A8AE-LE board?

Thanks in advance.
svenable

Did that... Edwin was gracious to send me 3.14. I up/downgraded (whichever) and still no USB connectivity... Any more ideas?
coraleric

Edwin, plz send me the 3.14 BIOS i having the same issues, thanks.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Thinking about the USB issue, is this for all the USB ports on the board? Did you clear the cmos settings after flashing?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

svenable

Yes, all USB ports are out. I cleared the CMOS settings and still no change. Thanks for the suggestion. Any more?