Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

kick out the entries from device manager, rebooting and letting windows redetect the whole bunch comes to mind. After all the 3.14/3.15 bioses are changing something related to the south bridge chip in windows (solving the 100% usage on the SATA ports), the USB ports are also in there if I'm not mistaken...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
svenable
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks Edwin, but that didn't work. I'm still at 3.14 with Vista. I'm thinking about loading MCE -- that's the Windows originally on the machine. What do you think?
frankenfab

I have just started researching this motherboard because I have it in a store bought Presario. What I am wanting to do is buy an OEM version of XP Pro and install it to get rid of all the extra crap that the recovery disks I created will give me if I use them to wipe it clean.

I have been mod'ing this computer and using it for home theater as a project to learn on before I build a new system. I have installed 2 new Lite-on DVD burners and and extra 2 gig of Kingston Value Ram. The ram was a tremendous imrovement. I want to add a PCI express X1 video card I have picked out, and a 1TB hard drive to increase movie storage capability. Looks like I might need to upgrade the PS to 400W when I add the second HD and Video card.

I am currently using to coax audio out to my amp and WMP to play the IFO files directly off the hard disk.

I have built a couple computers, but really still a newbie. Do I need to get the MB drivers before I install a new HD and OS, and will the update that is available work, or do I need to have the original MB drivers on hand first?

Any help would be appreciated.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

svenable wrote:Thanks Edwin, but that didn't work. I'm still at 3.14 with Vista. I'm thinking about loading MCE -- that's the Windows originally on the machine. What do you think?
You might want to do that and then upgrade to Vista to see if you actually need any special drivers or if this board does not work at all with Vista to begin with.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

edwin
The Hardware Archivist

frankenfab wrote:Do I need to get the MB drivers before I install a new HD and OS, and will the update that is available work, or do I need to have the original MB drivers on hand first?
Need the drivers beforehand, you may even need a floppy disk with the SATA chipset drivers before installing windows, not sure if this board can be set to compatibility IDE emulation mode in the bios. Anyway, you will need the drivers for your video/LAN to work before installing anti-virus software, then update windows rightaway, use a slipstreamed XP disk with at least SP2, better yet SP3.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

frankenfab

Thanks Edwin.
mschneider

Hi Edwin, can you email me this BIOS? Thanks :D
crymexxx

Received thanks very much Edwin!
Zeifer

Hello Edwin, could you send me the BIOS 3.14? :)

I'm tired of my CPU usage jumping up to like 40% when I'm on my desktop and just moving my mouse around. I'd like this system to have a little more umph before I build a new one.

Thanks.
jsheeler

Hi there,
Could you please send me the 3.14 BIOS as well please.

Thanks,

Jeff
b1indpig

Hello,

It seems the bios update may help my ailing mobo, too. I'd appreciate receiving a copy. Thanks!
tlavino

Folks, HP released 3.15 some time ago:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... pv-56089-1
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Yes, the problem is here it has bricked a few boards already. So we're steering clear of it for now. There's something very funny going on, it's almost as if there are two version of this board, one with the SB400 and one with the SB450 and HP or Asus forgot to mark the boards accordingly. This maybe goofup number 2 after the CUW-AM/MEW-AM saga.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

hypermog

Hi,

I flashed my SR1850NX Asus A8AE-LE (Amberine) with BIOS 3.15 in windows, received a successful installation message, restarted and it is now bricked. It says "Award Boot Block BIOS v1.0" and asks for a boot disc. So, if someone could please provide me the 3.14 BIOS update in .BIN format that would be great. Any other advice is welcome also.
hypermog

Hi guys, I googled around, is this the same BIOS everyone has been using?
http://files.filefront.com/314+A8AE+LE+ ... einfo.html