Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
hypermog
New visitors - please read the rules.

Update for posterity.

The BIOS at this link does seem to be the correct file. I just installed it successfully.

The computer I was fixing had its BIOS corrupted so that it would only boot to the Boot Block recovery screen. The grueling part is, it took a half hour of sitting on a totally black screen (no video signal) before any text would appear. After that amount of time, it would scan the PATA optical drives (there are two) for bootable discs.

Long story short, the DOS based OSs I tried would not map my optical drives to drive letters, or would not DIR without reporting an error until I disconnected the master and connected only the slave. Bizzarre, I know. But, eventually, using this file and these instructions I was able to get a bootable DOS-based disc that had awdflash.exe 8.83 (from here) and 314.BIN (linked above) on the R: drive. From there, I used the command "awdflash 314.BIN /sn /cc /cd /wb" and it flashed correctly. Back from the brink of death.
hypermog

Update: FileFront is closing permanently, so I have uploaded the 3.14 BIOS file to a few mirrors:

www [dot] megaupload [dot] com/?d=1UYSHVP3
www [dot] fileuploading [dot] net/829325
www [dot] 2shared [dot] com/file/5187292/2363be56/314.html
DonaldP

"Announcement - FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke. :D "

But, thanks for the mirrors!
TimFarris

yeah, as i said, i really need the 3.14 bios
bigjosh1973

I am writing to your forum having seen some commentary on flashing the BIOS on HP machines.

My system's BIOS is corrupted. I followed a link provided by HP tech support to perform driver and BIOS updates, followed the instructions, and upon successful BIOS update and reboot now have a BIOS ROM checksum error.

I am using an HP Pavillion Media Center a1330n. I have not made any modifications to the original hardware spare a new CMOS battery and a widescreen HP2207.

HP said I need to flash the BIOS through a service center because my system is out of warranty. I am trying to avoid the cost and hassle of taking the tower in. HP says the service center is equipped with tools and software I don't have in order to flash BIOS.

The computer now asks for a disk in drive A, perfect for a floppy needed to flash, however, an HP a1330n doesn't have a floppy drive A.

I am a disabled American on a fixed income. If you have any advice that will spare me, I will be greatly indebted to you. Please contact me. :P
ppunk

Hi, does anyone have 3.13 or older? I updated to 3.15 and it caused Windows XP to stop responding on my HP A1330E. I can't even install XP now, it freezes randomly during installation. I tried going back to 3.14 but no luck. Can anyone send me 3.13 or older in .bin format?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Jestersage

Hello everyone! I am new here, and I stumbled onto this forum because 3.15 update is incompleted.

Basically, when i tried to install it using the HP's instruction, it bricked my motherboard for a brief period. In the end, I did the following to get it working right now:
  • Make a DR-DOS boot disk
    Open the .exe driver file with winrar and extract the 315.rom
    load Bflash and the 315.rom onto the boot disk
    Boot from floppy, use Bflash to flash the 315.rom
As of now, it restore my functionality of my computer; however, I do not know if there will be unforseen problems. I am planning to put this board for an Edubuntu LTSP project.

In that light, can anyone tell me what kind of problems people encountered (aside from the fact the default method will brick the machine) with 3.15? Also, for the others that are working, does 3.15 have a better/same performance,. or a worse performance?

P.S. I do have the 314.bin from the filefront link, so I do not need it.
thsettle

I would also like a copy of the correct / good 3.14 bios.

Please send :?

Thanks
pyrofly

thsettle wrote:I would also like a copy of the correct / good 3.14 bios.

Please send :?

Thanks
Hey somehow i got version 3.15 on my mother board..

Are you all sure that 3.14 is the most current..

My computer seems to be working fine

and as far as i can remember ..the hp site might be where i got.
inurdrms

can you possibly send me that bios 3.14?

i have a bios rom checksum error and feel this may be my only hope.

thanks
asubhan

Hi All,

I have A8AE-LE Motherboard in HP SR1830NX., the only mistake i made was to upgrade the bios from HP website and it was for XP but i had Vista on my system. Now after rebooting the system I am getting BIOS ROM checksum error. Now my keyboad, dard drive is not working. only thing that is working is CD Rom. I tried booting with it but windows xp is giving blue screen and vista is leading to dark/blank screen. Is there any way i can restore the bios using a bootable disk in which i dont have to use keyboard to give commands and it automatically restore my biose rom to the factory setting. Please help me otherwise my computer is just a dead machine.
asubhan

Hi All,

I have A8AE-LE Motherboard in HP SR1830NX., the only mistake i made was to upgrade the bios from HP website and it was for XP but i had Vista on my system. Now after rebooting the system I am getting BIOS ROM checksum error. Now my keyboad, dard drive is not working. only thing that is working is CD Rom. I tried booting with it but windows xp is giving blue screen and vista is leading to dark/blank screen. Is there any way i can restore the bios using a bootable disk in which i dont have to use keyboard to give commands and it automatically restore my biose rom to the factory setting.

Please help me otherwise my computer is just a dead machine.
patpan

Hi Edwin, could you please send me the BIOS 3.14? I sent you a PM. Thanks a bunch.
gospelmidi

Can't you install the BIOS with <Alt><F2> at startup, without using aflash, bflash, or winflash?
chasmitch

Please...I just purchased a Athlon 64 X2 4800 cpu for my mother board and have 3.13 Bios......From what I read I will need 3.14 can you please send it to me...it appears from what I am reading 3.15 will give me more issues...Thanks