Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
admin
Site Admin

The A8AE-LE BIOS v3.14 can be found for download at http://www.wimsbios.com/biosdownload-awdf.jsp?id=6

v3.15 at http://www.wimsbios.com/biosdownload-awdf.jsp?id=5.

Enjoy!
Wim
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Thanks!
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ferrelx
New visitors - please read the rules.

this is for Edwin..i flashed my a8ae-le years ago to 315..now ive got a replacement board with 313.. ive tried in floppy form win98 se bootdisk and win7 bootdisk with uniflasher,awd833,bflash also tried 2 different 315 files and also renamed 1 of each .bin ...im still getting either a plain error or the dreaded "not award bios" error..what I need from you is your most bestest flashing utility for this board..:) im wearing out my floppy's over here trying everything out there..thank you
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

First of all replace the CMOS battery because a low CMOS battery can cause all sorts of trouble.

Can you make a backup of your current bios with uniflash so we can analyze what exactly it is you have there?

In the mean time I will try and find out if there's a possible flash protection setting either with a jumper or in the bios. Some bioses have got a "flash disabled" setting.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

admin
Site Admin

fyi: I fixed the download link of the bios at http://www.wimsbios.com/biosdownload-awdf.jsp?id=5
Lifecomposer
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks for the great site. I have an old PC that I am trying to keep alive. It is a Compaq/HP Presario SR1603WM. I have replaced virtually everything in it. I an running Window 7 64bit and have installed an AMD Opteron Model 180 Dual-core processor. What I need to do right now is upgrade the BIOS from v 3.13 to V3.14.
I have the 3.14 .bin file from your site, but I can not get it loaded. I notice that there is no .cue file and from what I have read, I believe I need it. Also I can not get into my existing BIOS because I have the dreaded "System fan has failed!" error since upgrading my OS. The fan seems to run fine, I have switched out fans and I still get the same error. Anyway, I am blocked from getting into the BIOS, no matter what I do...
Magicdisc gives me an error when I try to load the .bin file. It says ERROR: "Fail to mount CD/DVD image!" Is this due to not having the proper .cue file? Any thoughts/help from anyone would be much appreciated.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

the .bin file is not a cd image, it is the actual binary information that needs to be flashed into the chip. In this thread there is info on how to do that.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything