Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
freakangel
New visitors - please read the rules.

I was wondering if I could get a copy of v3.14?
ffwater

I'm looking for a copy also. Will this definitly work on my HP (a1330n) machine or am I going to get another black screen and service.
freakangel

thanx edwin for the file puter runs lil faster i give it that only problem is at boot up i get a error nag hit f2 to continue and i do and it goes on into windows with out a problem. any ideas?
Towermax

freakangel wrote:thanx edwin for the file puter runs lil faster i give it that only problem is at boot up i get a error nag hit f2 to continue and i do and it goes on into windows with out a problem. any ideas?
Does it say "Chassis fan failed" or something like that? That's what mine did.

The only solution I found was to install an exhaust fan at the rear of the case and connect it to the CHA_FAN 1 fan header on the motherboard. With the 3.14 BIOS, the system looks for a fan on that header and gives you the F2 error message if there's no fan.

There's post about this issue earlier in this thread. Take a look on Page 4. Or you can just ignore the message, but you may not be able to get into the BIOS again until you install a fan.
freakangel

actually yes that is the error... i pluged a fan to it and it got rid of the nag. thanx.
ffwater

No problems here my machines an HP. Thanks freakangel I just got the bios to work at 3.14. I have a Compaq logo now. Know how to change it to an HP logo? Thanks!
freakangel

lol hell i dont know i did good to get where i at i leaven it alone lol

you know what happens when u get to greedy huh?

hehe
ffwater

hehe :P yes! I didn't see a difference either but atleast it's good to have original bios back.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What is the difference anyway? HP/Compaq is one company, it's just the labeling.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
JJCuAr

first of all sorry for my bad english, hope u can understand :oops:

well I'm here for the same reason...I need the 3.14 bios for A8AE-LE cause my CPU consistantly stays above 80% at idle....edwin could u help me please? I'll be very happy for ure help :lol: ...something strange: my pc was working fine with 3.13 bios untill yesterday, don't know why but my pc started to have the same problems u'all were dealing with....again sorry for my bad english...I'm learning it :oops: :)

PD: edwin could u tell me how to install the bios? 8O I'm just noob with computers :?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

it's in the thread how to flash and even where to download the flash utility which runs under windows.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

bmrichter847

Could someone please email me the same 3.14 eeprom image please?

I have a 1710NX here with the A8AE-LE motherboard.

I cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks for the help.
bmrichter847

bmrichter847 wrote:Could someone please email me the same 3.14 eeprom image please?

I have a 1710NX here with the A8AE-LE motherboard.

I cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks for the help.
I had two people email me the file! thanks!!

If anyone wants me to return the favor just PM me and I will forward it.

Thanks again
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

either post or PM and you'll be emailed. reason I don't put it online is I want to keep track more or less of the people I sent it to so I can warn them if an official new version is ever released.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

jumpinjac

edwin wrote:Ah, we are getting famous :D
Ah, yes it's true.
edwin wrote:either post or PM and you'll be emailed. reason I don't put it online is I want to keep track more or less of the people I sent it to so I can warn them if an official new version is ever released.
I would too greatly appreciate a copy of 3.14 and getting on that nifty list of yours.

Thank you much!