VGA startup problems after BIOS flash

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
funkytaz10
New visitors - please read the rules.

HI,
I have bought a second hand DIGITAL PRIORIS HX6000 server which comes with a motherboard with INTEL PCI440FX Chipset and the possibility of having a dual processor pentium II box mmx technology...
for the moment do I have 1 processor installed with 266 MHZ speed...
In order to have a bigger procesor installed do I have to upgrade the BIOS according the manual you can find on the compaq(HP) website...
I found all necessary updates on this compaq website for my server and also dowloads to make diskettes to upgrade the Phoenix BIOS of my server and when attempting too the computer accepts the new BIOS and starts up , does NOT give any POST errors, show the splash screen of windows XP professional edition and than the blue line begins to run BUT just before i have to get the wellcome screen the computer shows me a black screen and waits and waits than forever... NO blue screen restarts no error messages NO nothing??
The only way i can start up the computer after this BIOS upgrade is in SAFE mode, NO VGA mode or anything else....
I think it is the embedded VGA adapter who has problems with the BIOS upgrade but it is a S3 TRIO 64V+ and I don'tfind any drivers for this for XP....
I reinstalled the OLD BIOS and everything works again, but I have still the problems caused by the "slow " processor...

I also have another problem:
Like I said i can install two processors and I have 2 266MHZ 512lcache stepping 3 processors , so i installed them both and than my computer works fine except from the fact that my ISDN connection gives ma than blue screen start up when i decide to download over 2 channels max speed 128 Kb/sec....
I have the same problem now with one processor , when i put the 2 channels on, the computer blocks after a while, but no blue screen errors with one processor??? Does somebody know a way to solve these problems??

Thanks

Peter Baeten