Video card bios needs replacement, help urgently required

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
emul8this
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello to whom is reading this post.

I have a problemwith my video card's eeprom and it's not working, well the card is not working. I can't say how but My PC will not reconize it and I do not wish to get another one. My video card is labeled ATMEL 224 / 25F512N / S127 and I know it's a 64k serial eeprom sop chip. I was tinkering around it to see if I could put a backup bios and make it dual-bios. I used some kind of flash utility to check the info on the card but the program decided to flash the chip on its own. Now I need a replacement eeprom. I like to ask is it possible to replace it with a 128k serial eeprom instead of the original 64k? does anyone have the detail specs on the sop chip eg: voltage so I can find a compatible sop chip. I know that some ATI cards use this SOP chip, can anyone confirm this info? Many Thanks for all you Techno Geeks out there. :lol:
zapbuzz
BIOS Rookie

Unless you can get the contents of the bios from the manufacturer/supplier website and get it reprogrammed by a pro the only other option is to remove this eprom and load the video bios into the correct part of your system bios IF theres room for it.
Such huge landfill new tech costs when all we need is scaleability.