Acer Aspire G600p and Wide Screen

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
gian72
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, I'm currently using the desktop PC Acer Aspire G600p. It is based on a sis 650 integrated vga card and the mobo, as far I can see, is J87-M. I cannot get the resolution 1440x900 for my new LCD monitor. I already installed the latest driver found on this web site.

I read there is the need of a new or patched bios, but I cannot find it. The only bios I see, on the acer page, is ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/as ... /r05b0.zip. Does some one try it or is there other things I can try to get the resolution work?

Thanks, Gian72
cp
BIOS Guru

patched. get it from our download page. please read the sticky thread in this section on how to get to the download page. and please report back with the results. thanks.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
gian72
New visitors - please read the rules.

I've tried the bios. Infact it brings the VBIOS to vers. 2.30.01, installed as described the drivers but still no luck. The max resolution I get is 1280x1024.
Any other clue/idea?

Thanks, Gian72
cp
BIOS Guru

read the sticky thread in this section. make sure the latest drivers are installed. it often helped to uninstall the old drivers, reboot and point the windows driver installation routine to the previously unpacked new drivers.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.