Page 1 of 1
i need a bios update for the am37 mobo
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:35 pm
hey guys, i need a bios update for my am37 motherboard. i've just received an error saying: Bios Rom Checksum error. and by the way, the sticker on my bios chip reads: salsa v3.09. the chip is a (sst mpf 39sf040 70-4c-nh 0246101-6).
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:24 am
Might be a battery problem... not a BIOS problem.
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:20 am
This is an OEM vesion of the FIC AM37. To get back to the retail version is quite a chore to successfully do...
As ajzchips said. try a new battery first...
help finding bios update
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:12 pm
i've already tried replacing the battery, but the same thing occures.
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:59 pm
A "Bios ROM Checksum Error" is always a hard error and not caused by a dead battery.
Either the Bios or the Flashrom got damaged somehow or CPU, memory or board are damaged somehow.
If you have two memory sticks try to run with only one memory stick - maybe one of them is damaged.
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:46 pm
i already tried uniflash and it says the chip might be write protected. does anybody know where i could get an amd athlon xp
compatible micro atx motherboard
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:53 am
Could it also be that the CMOS has garbage in it and the BIOS defaults need to be reloaded?
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:59 am
NOTE: Please disable this BIOS feature about BIOS Guardian
before you start to reflash BIOS.
The steps below show you how to off and on BIOS Guardian when
1. Press Del key while booting. Go to CMOS Setup Utility menu.
2. Go to Advanced BIOS Features submenu.
3. Set the feature BIOS Guardian at Disabled.
4. Save the setting and exit. The system restarts.
5. POST screen holds. A message about BIOS Guardian shows.
6. Press Space bar.
7. Reflash BIOS. Restart the system after complete it.
8. POST screen holds. A message about BIOS Guardian shows.
9. Press G key. The feature BIOS Guardian will be enabled again.
directly from the salsa manual